Domestic Violence Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position responds to crisis hotline calls and provides support and safety plan for program participants.
- Assesses caller’s need for emergency shelter, determines eligibility for intake and develops a transportation plan to shelter.
- Provides supportive interactions and information on the dynamics of domestic violence to shelter residents.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in a consistent and ethical manner on a daily basis.
- Conducts intake, orientation, exit interviews, and safety planning with shelter residents in an appropriate/timely manner.
- Monitors building status and cleanliness, reporting malfunctions and ensuring the building is kept clean.
- Identifies barriers to success for clients and makes appropriate referrals.
- Monitors resident activity throughout the shelter and manages conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Monitors and secures physical environment to maximize the safety of residents, implementing appropriate reactions to security threats as needed.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Manages and maintains the rotating holiday residential coverage.
- Provide support to visitors and volunteers.
- Conducts client meetings as needed to share information and build community.
- Conduct weekly room inspections, noting the status of the building and filing appropriate work orders.
- Attends program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YW All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and minimum six months related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or a related mental health field preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Sick Accrual, Vacation Accrual, Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, EAP, and Retirement is available for full-time employees.
How to Apply
Please apply here
- Date Posted: February 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk at a 24/7 facility