Domestic Violence Advocate
HomeSafe Inc. of Sumner, Wilson, and Robertson Counties is looking for a domestic violence advocate who may have duties in any of our service areas, Sumner, Wilson and Robertson Counties.
• Provide crisis counseling and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence
• Help survivors develop personal safety plans
• Provide legal advocacy and accompaniment to survivors to include assistance in helping victims file for orders of protection
• Provide survivors necessary information about resources, rights and referrals
• Facilitate support groups for victims/survivors
• Respond to helpline calls
• Develop and maintain collaborative relations with other community agencies and organizations
• Participate and represent the organization in community meeting and committees
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide trauma informed care to trauma survivors
• Ability to convey care, compassion, and empathy to trauma survivors, while maintaining professional boundaries
• Ability to behave in a trustworthy and reliable manner
• A bachelor’s degree in social work or related field is preferred
• Prior experience working in human services
• Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
• Stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time.
• You may be required to talk or hear, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• You may be required to lift or move over 25 lbs.
• Drive to various locations to include regular coverage in our Gallatin, Lebanon and Springfield offices as needed.
Health, Dental, Vision
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 31,200
- Working Hours: 8am - 4pm, 40 hours/week