YMCA of Middle TN
District HR Coordinator
YMCA of Middle TN
THE Y: WE’RE FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—work to bridge the gap in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. Simply put, the Y is for everyone. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Pay Range: $16.81 – 20.17 per hour, depending on experience
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Center Executive Director and the Regional Director, People Services, the Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for providing direct human resource support to Center employees while maintaining confidentiality of all employee information. The District Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for other administrative processes as determined by the Center. These duties may be related to, but not limited to reports, accounts payable, Philanthropy support, and Membership Department support. This position may also serve as an assistant to the Executive Director, the Center Board and Board Committees.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Model and put into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants
- Accurately prepare and process Center’s payroll maintaining all required payroll documentation as required. Monitor labor reports for accuracy.
- Approve new hire paperwork to ensure all forms are completed and acceptable documentation is provided. Maintain all employee and employment records accurately and in compliance with approved guidelines and standards of the Association
- Notify Executive Director and People Services of any human resource policy violations.
- Serve as “Training Champion” for employee training working as liaison between the center and the Learning Experiences Department to ensure employees are aware of and receiving training opportunities.
- Ensure required trainings are current; track participant training’s in HRIS. Provide reports as needed.
- Reconcile all credit and charge accounts in accordance with Association policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned “Manager on Duty” and other assigned responsibilities as part of the center’s leadership team.
- Attend HRC Cabinet meetings and related trainings.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, check requests, and similar documents related to the Center’s operation. Analyze financial records: statements, payroll, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Center’s administrative processes and recommend improvements.
- Handle all money received by the Center, process accounting records and accounts payable, prepare cash reports, checking reconciliation, and returned checks.
- Handle all membership, program, and activity: refund, reimbursement, cancellation, requests and procedures.
- Work with Membership Director to ensure implementation of association front desk petty cash control procedures.
- Maintain office equipment including copiers, fax and postage machines, and time clocks. Order Center’s office supplies.
- Participate in appropriate Association Cabinets.
- Build relationships and interact with members
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
Superior supervisory skills and an enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to create a culture of service within our Centers
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment is required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Four-year college degree or minimum five years work experience in an office management and/or accounting role is required; human resource experience preferred
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within two weeks of hire: Payroll and Budget training
- Within 30 days of hire: Membership Software and Raiser’s Edge training
- Benefits package including generous paid time off
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online
- Date Posted: November 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $16.81 - 20.17 per hour
- Working Hours: Typically M-F, may include some evenings and weekends