Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Inventory Control and Distribution Specialist is responsible for ensuring safe and timely deliveries along with maintaining the warehouse. During times of delivery inactivity, he/she will perform warehouse organization, stock rotation, and vehicle/equipment safety checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Maintain active state driver’s license and clean driving record; Must be insurable for vehicle operation.
- Deliver packaged food to participants based on schedule and delivery route provided by Program Manager.
- Provide top quality customer service during deliveries and as a brand ambassador.
- Maintain required paperwork when completing deliveries and fueling vehicles.
- Maintain established food storage standards required by State, Local, and Partner Agency policies.
- Load and unload vehicle as required to perform delivery duties and preserve inventory.
- Hand stack cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively from floor to overhead shelving.
- Perform required vehicle safety checks and operate within state laws.
- Move products from pallets to racks using a pallet jack or other equipment.
- Obtain and maintain the required forklift certification from OSHA, provided by OSDTN.
- Accurately receive inbound products and inform Program Manager when inventory needs replenishment.
- Monitor and rotate stock according to date of expiration using “First In First Out” method.
- Perform required equipment safety checks (pallet jack/forklift)
- Perform basic sanitation duties to maintain a clean and safe environment; clear aisles of debris, stack empty pallets and return pallet jacks to charging area.
- Assist when needed in other areas in the warehouse or throughout agency.
1. Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures
2. Participates in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or agency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School GED; Warehouse/Delivery service experience preferred.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran preferred.
- Basic software knowledge (Microsoft office)
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate clients and staff toward success.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry packages between 30lbs and 50lbs from delivery vehicle to recipient.
- Must be able to spend prolonged driving various vehicle throughout urban and rural Middle Tennessee.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver carts weighing up to 750lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs while hauling deliveries.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Possess valid, current Tennessee driver’s license.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain the required forklift certification from OSHA
This position is full time at 40 hours/week; excellent PTO policy; 401K and subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: April 4, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/25/2022
- Salary Range: $16-18/hr
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week