Nashville Area Chamber of Comm
Director, Sponsorship Development
Nashville Area Chamber of Comm
The Director of Sponsorship Development is responsible for the implementation and management of a comprehensive, Chamber-wide sponsorship sales and retention program. This includes solicitation of member companies and organizations for sponsorship of Chamber programs, events, and initiatives. As part of the Revenue team, this position also works with the team to ensure members and investors have an exceptional sponsor experience as part of their total investment with the Nashville Chamber.
- Work across the organization to conceptualize and develop sponsorship packages, identify strong potential prospects to generate outbound leads and sales opportunities; develop an effective strategy to secure prospect appointments.
- Maintain extensive sponsor prospect identification and research system to aid prospect development and tracking activities efficiently and effectively.
- Using a consultative approach, work with prospects to gain an understanding of their needs and develop customized proposals to win their business and acquire sponsorship revenue.
- Work collaboratively with marketing staff and program managers to create customized presentations and sales collateral for use in sponsorship presentations.
- Execute written sponsorship agreements.
- Work with VP of member & investor relations to ensure timely billing and collection of all sponsorship revenue.
- Achieve or exceed specified sponsorship revenue budget.
- Report sales-to-date regularly to supervisor, program managers, growth, and accounting staff.
- Maintain all prospect contacts in the Chamber database.
Benefit Fulfillment and Customer Service
- Work with the Chamber team to maintain an effective benefit fulfillment process.
- Ensure sponsors receive all benefits agreed upon at the time of agreement.
- Provide exceptional customer service in response to prospect and sponsor requests.
- Work in a consultative manner with sponsors to deepen relationships and create annuity revenue and renewal opportunities for the Chamber.
- Attend programs and events to build knowledge of Chamber products and services, and to foster sponsor relationships.
- Report issues to appropriate staff for timely solutions, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Ensure sponsorship offerings, packaging and presentations are consistent with the Chamber’s key messaging and brand standards.
- Work with the Chamber’s communication staff to provide story ideas to market sponsorship offerings through the Chamber’s communications tools.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- College degree preferred in related field (i.e. business, marketing)
- Minimum of five years of sales experience
- Corporate sponsorship experience is preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required
- Proven success in exceeding sales goals and client expectations, particularly in sales of an intangible product
- Experience with digital technologies, social media tools, and an understanding of how to incorporate them into sponsorship fulfillment strategies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to create and deliver winning sales presentations
- Excellent communication, writing and public speaking skills (media, internal and external)
- Ability to articulate the Chamber’s purpose, program objectives, exposure opportunities and/or resource needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, proposal development and the identification, solicitation and closing of sponsorships
- Exemplary customer-service skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly to changing workplace needs
- Superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of business and community leaders
- Strong relationship-building skills and organizational skills required, including detail-oriented, logical and methodological approach to problem-solving
- Must be committed to working as part of a team and to establishing strong internal and external working relationships
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied and busy workload in a fast-paced professional environment; must be able to multitask
- Ability to be self-directed and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Proactively take actions necessary to produce results
- Ability to build trust internally and externally, and command a professional image
- Exhibits enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license/ability to drive to appointments and events/consistent access to vehicle
The current benefit package includes basic group life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and holidays. In addition, the Chamber offers health insurance at standard Chamber rate, dental coverage at the standard Chamber rate, vision coverage at the standard Chamber rate, and eligibility for the 401(k) program.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: November 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/03/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:00-5:00