Children and Family Enrichment at Idlewild
Director – Parent Enrichment Place
Children and Family Enrichment at Idlewild
Overview: Children and Family Enrichment (CAFE) at Idlewild is a nonprofit organization that strengthens families through two distinct programs, the Early Enrichment Center (EEC) which focuses on brain development with infants to young toddlers and the Parent Enrichment Place (PEP) which provides parents and other adult individuals the mental tools needed to overcome adverse childhood experiences.
Job Title: Parent Enrichment Place (PEP) Director
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Directly Reports to: Children and Family Enrichment Executive Director
Mission: To provide children and families the tools for life-long resilience.
Job Description: The Parenting Coach and Counselor will provide direct therapeutic services and group activities for parents and caregivers with the goal of reducing the impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences in families.
- Conducts individual, family, and group counseling sessions while maintaining a welcoming and non-judgmental environment. Educates parents and families on the importance of healthy and restorative parenting techniques along with facts about the potential impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences on the developing brain of a child.
- Provides professional counseling and creative programming to support, encourage, and empower families.
- Equips parents and caregivers with tools for adult resilience, thus reducing impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences.
- Plans family centered therapeutic groups and activities.
- Recruits and supervises leaders for adult and for children’s programming; reaches out to involve the church and community.
- Assess client needs and make appropriate referrals to external agencies.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records of visits, activities, counseling sessions, and other services provided to clients.
- Generates monthly reports tracking daily activity, events, and counseling sessions.
- Oversees outreach, marketing, and therapeutic initiatives.
- Creates and encourages a team-oriented environment and establishes trusting relationships with parents that build on strengths and encourage constructive parenting.
- Works in collaboration with CAFE Executive Director and EEC Director.
- Manages a formal evaluation tool for effectiveness of services offered.
- Documents clinical impressions and observations of all therapy sessions within 24 hours of session completion in the provided data entry software.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed by the CAFE Executive Director.
- Facilitate approximately ten support groups within the year.
- Develop relationships with nearby schools and nonprofits and communities of faith, welcoming parent to join Parent Enrichment Places activities.
- Offer scheduled weekly activities that promote positive mental health and build resilience.
- Offer scheduled weekly group and individual counseling sessions
- Facilitate the creation of new support groups in response to conversations with parents.
- Offer five educational workshops for parents with the year may be done in coordination with other community organizations
- Develop evaluations process to consistently gather information from the PEP Program to be used to enhance the services provided.
- Identify need for Internship Services
Education: Master’s degree in social work or counseling.
Certification: Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW)
1) Two (2) years of post-graduate experience preferably including experience serving parents and families.
2) Experience working with issues of toxic stress and intergenerational trauma.
3) Knowledge of community resources.
4) Understanding of child development and behavior interventions.
5) Experience utilizing electronic medical records for documentation and communication within a clinical team.
6) Some leadership/supervisory experience.
Availability to work a full-time job that will require some evening and possibly weekend responsibilities.
Professional Requirements, Licenses, or Certifications: Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor with Mental Health Services Provider designation (LPC/MHSP), or fully licensed in another state with eligibility to become licensed with an aforementioned designation in Tennessee.
Three professional references are required. A background check is required.
Physical Requirements: Work requires the physical demands of standing, bending lifting or performing other work requiring light physical exertion, up to 30lbs, on an intermittent basis in addition to digital dexterity.
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed under basically normal working conditions as in a standard office environment. The counselor’s office is upstairs in a facility without an elevator.
How to Apply
Send Resume & Cover Letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/01/2022
- Salary Range: 68000 -72000
- Working Hours: 40 HRS/WK