Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee
Director of Virtual and Blended Learning
Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee
The Director of Virtual and Blended Learning will work closely with members of the Operations Team to provide leadership and delivery of digital learning throughout the Clubs as well as manage a Virtual Club. They will ensure that staff and Club members are aware of the digital platform and can operate within it. They will train and develop all BGCMT Club staff and Virtual Club staff in administering virtual curriculum for all age groups.
This position will provide recommendations and advocate for continuous improvements based on trends, benchmarks, and research in virtual learning. They will lead on teaching and learning using digital curriculum and platforms. The Director of Virtual and Blended Learning works directly with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations to develop, lead, and implement a strategy that enables BGCMT to stay at the forefront of digital innovation while maintaining the tradition and mission of the organization.
- Provides professional development to staff on virtual learning curriculum and platforms.
- In association with IT providers and internal teams, manages transitions to virtual learning platforms and curriculum.
- Lead digital learning strategy across all BGCMT Clubs and Virtual Club with Chief Operating Officer and in partnership with the Director of Operations.
- Work with external partners in developing programs for use within BGCMT Clubs.
- Train staff, Club members, and parents and keep them aware of changes to digital learning.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations to ensure that all policies relating to device usage in Clubs are up to date, accurate, and maintain legal compliance in all areas of digital strategy.
- Stay informed of developments within the virtual learning community.
- Build our membership & Club experience, through high quality virtual content and programming.
- Provide high quality, best practice competency-based learning activities for Club members in a flexible format that will maintain high graduation rates and opportunities for Club member choice.
- Work to integrate online tools into a blended learning environment.
- Provide standards and best practices for staff to tie blended learning into lesson design towards a new standard Club experience and teaching framework.
- Lead content specific staff in curriculum development.
- Manage projects and timelines for all new virtual education initiatives.
- Provide research and data to support instructional direction and goals for virtual and blended education.
- Maintain and manage the use of the Clubs’ portal and continue to develop in line with educational and organizational trends.
- Work with Club Directors to implement a digital safety program within the Clubs.
- Research virtual reality and artificial intelligence programs that enhance teaching and learning and advise on implementation.
- Provide technical support for all virtual options.
- Manage and maintain the curriculum portal online environment and its integration.
- Train and support all staff on the use of all digital platforms.
- Work with Club Directors and Operations Leadership and advise on hardware and software to improve Club members’ outcomes
- Coordinate continuous development of the use of data management software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- 3-5 years of experience teaching and/or mentoring grades K-12
- 3-5 years of experience creating lesson plans and curriculum
- 1-2 years of experience using virtual platforms for communications, webinars, presentations
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office, Google, and Apple platforms and products
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- 5-10 years of experience teaching and mentoring grades K-12
- 3-5 years of experience creating virtual or blended lesson plans and curriculum
- 3-5 years of experience using virtual platforms for webinars and learning presentations
- Advanced experience with Microsoft, Google, and Apple virtual meeting platforms and products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of current Online Learning programs, courseware, curriculum, and labs.
- Knowledge of Department of Education policies, procedures and standards of learning.
- Considerable knowledge and skill in assisting, developing and supporting staff.
- Ability to set goals and long-range plans for large programs.
- Ability to develop policies, procedures and standards for services offered.
- Ability to accurately interpret state and federal regulations and school policies.
- Ability to use common office machines and popular computer-driven word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports from that information.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
- Ability to make oral presentations before virtual large groups of people.
Medical, Dental, Vision (eligible after 60 days)
Retirement (eligible after 1 year)
Paid Time Off accrual
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements, to Tammy Hammond-Loth, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 615-833-4381, attn: Tammy
- Date Posted: August 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/05/2020
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs +/wk M-F