Director of Venue and Rentals
Are you an outgoing self-starter driven to be in the heart of the music and event scene? Manage one of the area’s premier music venues while working daily to offer Hope for the youth of Nashville.
- Oversee and manage Rentals and Music Venue Event / Concerts, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling and all related administrative duties.
- Manage the overall venue master calendar which will include details for rentals, events, concerts and shows.
- Market the rentals and music venue, coordinate tours and sell venue space for facility rentals.
- Work with the Senior Director of Finance to ensure accurate records are kept for all rentals and events, contracts are signed upon agreement of terms and invoices are paid as agreed by both parties.
- Serve as the day of event coordinator for facility rentals.
- Manage event and concert staff and contractually hired teams.
- Problem-solving and management through stressful situations.
- Project management, timelines, and task management.
- Facilities management, audio-visual, room layouts and design.
- On site execution.
- Contract negotiations and compliance.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Sales and Marketing experience.
- Organization – attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Time management skills.
- Integrity and Trust.
- Flexibility and Creativity.
- Communication both verbally and written.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to network.
- Be in full agreement with mission, vision and core values of Rocketown
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience working in music and events
- Supervision experience perfered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to engage and relate to partners and administrators.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Solid computer skills and learning ability, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Occasional lifting of heavy equipment, tables, etc.: 50 lbs. maximum.
- Assist in preparation of the facility for the event as well as the next day of operation.
- Hours vary per week based on facility rental schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Health Care, Dental, Vision and other offered
- Employer Paid Life
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: August 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 09/20/2021
- Salary Range: $42,000 with commission-based bonus structure
- Working Hours: Full-Time Exempt. Hours vary per week based on facility rental schedule, including some nights and weekends.