YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Director of Supportive & Family Services
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position provides leadership and direction for supportive services within the Domestic Violence Services program ensuring high quality customer service, continuous program improvement and successful outcomes in accordance with funding requirements. Directly responsible for the Transitional Housing program the Family Services Program and all supportive services staff, including case management and therapists.
- Ensures programs are meeting or exceeding all programs’ outcomes in accordance with government contracts and grants.
- Provides supervision for Therapists and Social Work interns assigned to the YW through partnering organizations.
- Provides leadership and support for efficient and effective implementation of Case Management Services and Family Services programming.
- Establishes and manages effective relationships with community organizations to expand base of resources and ensure effective linkages to services for clients.
- Consistently tracks and analyzes program data, makes recommendations to the Vice President of Domestic Violence Services for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Monitors compliance with departmental and organizational budget, forecasts spending, approves check requests. Responsible for transitional housing program petty cash and specific client assistance funds.
- Provides rotating on-call Weaver Center leadership support.
- Designs, implements and evaluates therapeutic and recreational programs and curricula for residents and survivors of DV in the community.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Program Evaluation & Grants Administration to ensure outcomes are tracked and measured and accurate reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Facilitates weekly team meetings Monthly Staff meetings, staff one-on-ones and therapy meetings. Also facilitates transitional meetings, as needed.
- Makes decisions regarding client requests for shelter extensions and grievances in consultation with Vice President of Domestic Violence Services, meeting with clients when appropriate.
- Documents client data and relevant interactions in ETO and in other internal documentation software.
- Educates the community about DV and YWCA services by attending external meetings, giving informational presentations and leading tours of the facility when appropriate.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand in appropriate attire and conduct at appropriate relevant meetings and forums.
- Responds to crisis line, as needed, providing information and referral resources to callers.
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures of YWCA and program services.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is complete.
- Ensures coordination of related volunteer program, including training, supervising and recognizing volunteers and interns.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Manages conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Monitors and secures physical equipment and reports all malfunctions to Residential Coordinator.
- Protects confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Provides transportation when necessary.
- Attends program staff, All Staff and other meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires Master’s ’s degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence or Residential Services. Minimum of 2 years of counseling and management experience required. LMFT, LCSW or LPC-MHSP licensure preferred. Minimum of 2 years of children’s services; such as therapy, childcare or educational programming required.
- Requires ability to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to lift and move 25 pounds.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently, using a personal vehicle to reach engagements.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours, including nights and weekends when appropriate.
- CPR Certified
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and ability to train others on this practice.
- Excellent leadership skills, including leading through crisis and leading by example (servant leadership).
- Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations or people.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- High follow through with attention to detail.
- Able to problem solve with limit resources using creativity and resourcefulness. Proficiency in the use of business technology, and fluency with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Successful in collaborating with a variety of diverse groups.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: February 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk.