Director of Sponsorship
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County has been dedicated to preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic and cultural heritage as well as promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include The Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. The Foundation brings county history to about 3,000 school children each year through the Heritage Classroom program as well as walking tours of downtown Franklin. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, Pumpkinfest and Dickens of a Christmas bring hundreds of thousands of locals and visitors to downtown Franklin each year. The Heritage Foundation owns and operates The Franklin Theatre, the Downtown Franklin Association, and the organization’s newest division and current restoration project, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens. For more information about the Heritage Foundation, visit www.williamsonheritage.org.
The Director of Sponsorships is responsible for the implementation and management of a comprehensive sponsorship sales program. This includes solicitation of companies and organizations for sponsorship of Heritage Foundation (and its divisions) programs, events and initiatives. As part of the Development team, this position also works to ensure sponsors have an exceptional experience as part of their total investment with the Heritage Foundation.
- Work across the organization to conceptualize and develop sponsorship packages, identify sponsorship prospects, and develop an effective strategy to secure prospect meetings
- Maintain extensive sponsor prospect identification and research system to aid prospect development and tracking activities efficiently and effectively
- Using a consultative approach, work with prospects to gain an understanding of their needs and develop customized proposals to best meet their needs
- Create customized presentations and sales collateral for use in sponsorship presentations while collaborating with marketing team and program managers.
- Execute written sponsorship agreements to ensure contractual compliance
- Ensure timely billing and collection of all sponsorship revenue while partnering with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Achieve or exceed specified sponsorship revenue budget reporting variances to Leadership
- Report sales-to-date regularly to supervisor ensuring accurate data and trend analysis
- Maintain all prospect contacts in database
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with Director of Development Administration on the fulfillment process
- Ensure sponsors receive and understand all benefits agreed upon through various means of communication
- Work in a consultative manner with sponsors to deepen relationships and create renewal opportunities
- Plan and execute the annual end of year Sponsor’s Party in coordination with the events team.
- Work collaboratively with the team on all major annual events including (but not limited to) Heritage Ball and festivals
- Report issues to appropriate staff for timely solutions, ensuring excellent customer service for sponsors
Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in business or marketing preferred. Minimum 7 years professional experience including at least 5 years’ experience in sales / sponsorship. Not-for-profit experience preferred.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: December 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/03/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/ wk, M-F, occasional weekends to support events