Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN
Director of Special Projects & Business Analysis
Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and innate ability to use both creative and analytical skills to strategize and work through complex business challenges? If so, your next job opportunity is waiting for you – come join us! The Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN is actively recruiting its first ever Director of Special Projects & Business Analysis to support not only its newest adaptive reuse project and business division, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens, but also the organization, as a whole.
ABOUT THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION OF WILLIAMSON COUNTY
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County has been dedicated to preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic, and cultural heritage as well as promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include The Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. The Foundation brings county history to about 3,000 school children each year through the Heritage Classroom program as well as walking tours of downtown Franklin. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, Pumpkinfest and Dickens of a Christmas bring hundreds of thousands of locals and visitors to downtown Franklin each year. The Heritage Foundation is the parent organization of three divisions, owning and operating The Franklin Theatre, the Downtown Franklin Association, and the organization’s newest division and current adaptive reuse project, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens. For more information about the Heritage Foundation, visit www.williamsonheritage.org.
The Director of Special Projects & Business Analysis serves as the Chief Operating Officer’s right-hand counterpart during a time of unprecedented organizational growth. The Director, at their core, is a strategic problem solver with acute business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and a hands- on approach to all projects and tasks. Supports the Chief Operating Officer by leading, managing and supporting various and evolving business-critical projects in collaboration with multiple departmental and divisional leads.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Lead key business development initiatives across multiple lines of business through various phases: research, product/business development, financial modeling, operational implementation, measurement and improvement
- Assist in brainstorming, designing and executing new projects that span the COO’s portfolio and the organization, as a whole
- Assess, architect and improve process and system development projects across all functional areas by understanding business and user needs, documenting requirements and acting as internal liaison between stakeholders, consultants and vendors
- Champion the full adoption and process integration of internal shared services model, where certain administrative functions (marketing, branding, communications, finance, facilities, IT, legal, HR, etc.) are centralized and serve the entire organization and its divisions
- Manage new and unplanned projects and monitor all assigned project processes, drafting and distributing regular progress reports and schedules for leadership and stakeholders
- Conduct market research and distill into actionable key insights/strategies for various strategic initiatives in collaboration with key division and departmental leads
- Serve as the internal lead and point-of-contact for IT strategy and services for the entire organization and its divisions, including liaising with IT contractors and vendors
- Lead research and implementation related to enterprise-level software systems
- Work with various consultants, contractors and vendors to develop and implement overall strategies and approaches to support key capital projects
- Serve as one of the key staff liaisons to the Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens advisory committee and task forces
- Prepare materials, presentations and other key communications to support the COO’s broad range of activities, both internally and externally
- Perform various administrative duties, including responding to constituents and assisting with certain meeting planning and scheduling on behalf of the COO
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business administration preferred. Minimum of 5 – 7 years of proven project management, business strategy, business analysis and/or organizational development experience required.
Other Qualifications: Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability and sound business acumen. Experience producing needs assessments, customer journeys, systems maps, financial models for new business/products, strategic plans based on research and key insights, etc. General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload and meet deadlines and budgets. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to exhibit flexibility while working in ambiguous, evolving situations. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your (1) resume, (2) cover letter (with salary requirements) and (3) samples of applicable work (needs assessments, customer journeys, systems maps, financial models for new business/products, strategic plans based on research and key insights, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture