Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Director of ReStores
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
To meet HFHGN agency retail operations revenue goals in a way that provides maximum community involvement, and produces additional cash flow in support of agency operations. Works with staff members from all agency departments and reports to the CFO. Represents the agency to potential ReStore and Deconstruction sponsors, vendors, board, advisory board and staff to generate the desired goals and in a professional manner. Develops and enhances the deconstruction opportunities for the agency. Conduct all activities in accordance with the Habitat policies and principles. Must have the ability to relate to people of different races, faiths, and income levels. This job does not have the capability to be done remotely.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop, nurture, maintain and increase annually a sufficient number of donor relationships required to provide all requisite inventory necessary to meet or exceed annual ReStore sales goals in order to generate maximum sales revenues for all stores in the agency ReStore family.
- Work with individuals, area businesses, vendors, contractors, and the DeConstruction Director to acquire donations for the necessary materials and services for ReStore operations.
- Represents the ReStore to the public and attends special events and speaking engagements to promote the agency and the ReStore.
- Responsible for establishment of business relationships for the enhancement of the ReStore and Deconstruction operations.
- Responsible for working with CFO and agency marketing department in developing ReStore and Deconstruction retail operation promotions and advertising pieces, web site and electronic sales capability for high-end products.
- Supervises Director of Deconstruction.
- Responsible for deconstruction staff and related projects and process oversight.
- Prepare grant applications as opportunities arise, in coordination with the Director of Research and Grants.
- Supervises all ReStore Managers.
- Responsible for all ReStore operations management through supervision and oversight of store managers and/or assistant managers.
- Responsible for the overall operations and financial performance of the Davidson, Dickson and Wilson Divisions ReStore operations.
- Develops together with CFO and updates the business vision and plan for all agency retail operations.
- Evaluate business trends and store financial performance to ensure that financial revenue goals are met and that financial integrity is maintained.
- Provide leadership to staff related to customer service and facility safety, security, and appearance.
- Develop and implement special sales events intended to boost ReStore sales and create additional customer base and market share.
- Must be able to work with all levels of HFHGN partners in support of the agency.
- Responsible for budget for retail operations and all staffing plans.
- Responsible for creating job descriptions for all ReStore staff.
- Maintain detailed materials and cost information on ReStore Operations working with the CFO in compliance with GAAP.
- Administer proper safety standards and develop safety policies and procedures to ensure that work environment and practices comply with all requisite safety standards necessary for a safe work environment.
- Ensure through ReStore managers and or assistant managers that Habitat ReStore vehicles are maintained regularly, inspected and insured annually.
- Ensure ReStore compliance with federal labor laws and company policies and procedures.
- Review service contracts annually and secure multiple bids using agency purchasing guidelines to secure the best possible price and quality for requisite ReStore facility services.
- Ensure compliance to HFHGN and ReStore Operation policies and procedures.
- Develop collectively with CFO, a business plan for future growth of the retail operation of the agency.
- Participate and support agency activities as requested by management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Overall management responsibility for all ReStore operations, as well as DeConstruction and Corporate Donations.
- Overall management responsibility for soliciting and securing all necessary inventory donations for all ReStore operations.
- Key participant in agency planning activities related to growth of ReStore operations.
- Ensure that all invoices are coded correctly and in a timely fashion in accordance with agency Finance Department requirements.
- Must have the ability to effectively and patiently communicate with , train & develop others.
- Must have a valid State of Tennessee driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle of a size up to and including trucks with a box/bed length up to 26 feet in length.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Degree or combination of education and equivalent retail experience required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in retail industry, profit center management, and warehouse operations required.
- Commitment to Habitat’s housing ministry goals and mission.
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Habitat values.
- Supports staff growth and task ownership by tapping into the potential of others.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration.
- A valid drivers License and a clean driving record for insurance purposes
- Interacts with staff tactfully yet directly and maintains an open forum of exchange.
- Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
This position is Tuesday thru Saturday and will require 40+ hours per work week. Satisfactory attendance is required. Includes occasional after hours work as required by key donors and special events.
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: T-S, 8:30am - 5:30pm