Director of Programs
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Director of Programs supports the Executive Leadership team to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
This position serves as the administrator overseeing Show Hope’s programmatic endeavors, including Adoption Aid, Medical Care, Pre+Post Adoption Support, and Student Initiatives, and each program’s staff and events. Additionally, the Director of Programs will provide oversight to the ongoing management of Show Hope’s Care Centers Legacy. Responsibilities include meeting organizational and departmental deadlines and goals through the processing of documents and organizing of data. Additionally, this position will be responsible for supporting and coordinating with members of the Programs team and providing weekly updates and reports to the Executive Director and Leadership team. The Director of Programs will be responsible for designing and developing achievable goals for Show Hope’s programs, managing these metrics and outcomes to promote consistency and accuracy. This information will be provided to the Executive Leadership team on a regular basis with updates and opportunities for growth and sustainability. Additionally, the Director of Programs is responsible for policy, procedures, and guidelines that directly impact Show Hope’s programmatic endeavors.
The Director of Programs supports the Executive Director, reporting to the Assistant Executive Director, to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
- Adoption Aid – Reducing the financial barrier to adoption by awarding monetary grants.
- Medical Care – Offsetting medical expenses of children who have been adopted by offering financial assistance.
- Pre+Post Adoption Support – Providing resources to help children and families impacted by adoption and/or foster care.
- Student Initiatives – Educating and mobilizing students to care for children who have been orphaned.
- Supports Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, coordinating various tasks pertinent to the assigned department working with the Executive Director and Executive Leadership team
- Manage/lead direct reports, interns, outside agencies, and relationships to obtain desired results while maintaining commitment to Show Hope’s core values
- Deliver maximum revenue and ROI with responsibility for financial plan and budgeting that is aligned with the strategic plan by department
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership team and other Directors to promote Show Hope’s initiatives and build relationships
- Supports the Executive Director and Executive Leadership team, collaborating with other Directors, to support the organization’s strategic planning efforts
- Guides the comprehensive development and personnel strategy for the Programs team
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of the landscape of adoption and remains current on research, trends, and events relevant to adoption, child welfare, and Show Hope’s other programmatic endeavors to inform best practices and Show Hope communications
- Implements administrative policies and procedures for functions that support the operations of the Programs team
- Manages day-to-day operations of Show Hope’s Adoption Aid, Medical Care, Pre+Post Adoption Support, and Student Initiatives programs
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate records and data as well as managing reports related to Show Hope’s programmatic endeavors, including pertinent information for Board of Directors meetings
- Plans and conducts all Adoption Aid grant committee meetings including preparation, documentation, and execution of decisions per committee’s direction as well as managing expectations for committee members
- Ensures Show Hope constituents receive timely and accurate communication
- Demonstrates financial responsibility by managing programmatic expenses, overseeing annual budgeting process and management, generating invoices, and managing grant disbursements
- Oversees the planning, management, and execution of Show Hope’s annual Hope for the Journey Conference and other programmatic events as needed
- Maintains and grows a collaborative network of key ministry and strategic partners
- Advances programmatic endeavors by representing Show Hope at external events to further the organization’s network with collaborative organizations
- Provides oversight and daily management to Show Hope’s internship program in conjunction with Executive Leadership team and other Directors
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience with demonstrated success in programmatic management and leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Proficient understanding of the landscape of adoption including the process, relevant policies, current research and trends, and effective support resources
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Apps, Google Analytics, and other analytical programs
- Knowledge of Hubspot, Salesforce, or other CRM tools considered a plus
- Occasional travel as needed
- Strong project management skills
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services