Director of Programs
The Director of Programs (DP) will serve as a critical executive management team member. In collaboration with the Executive Director (ED), the DP will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the agency; oversee all four of our current programs and any other programs that evolve, evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback; raise the agency’s profile through external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all leadership staff; and enhance the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in youth workforce and education.
Ideally, the DP will serve as the functional successor to the ED.
The DP will oversee a program portfolio that includes:
1) youth education and job training;
2) basic resource coordination
3) affordable housing advocacy
The DP will also frequently engage the Board of Directors under the ED’s direction.
Leadership, Staff Management, and Organizational Strategy
- In coordination with the ED, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, and program service delivery
- Work closely with program staff to build their skills and confidence to mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff.
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges.
- Mentor staff on how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, work with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Create and support a high-performing culture in the program department aligned with ENP’s values.
- Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goals by clearly communicating the agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans, and mentoring.
- Establish annual program, departmental, and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals and accountability protocols.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of ENP’s annual fundraising event, proposal writing, and partnering with the ED to steward funding relationships.
- Coordinate with the ED on developing new program ideas and pilot projects, including integrating successful pilots into the program department.
- Under the advisement of the Board of Directors and in partnership with the ED, implement ENP’s new strategic plan and develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- Represent ENP and ENP’s ED, on relevant committees and task forces and at speaking engagements, conference panels, and trainings.
- Monitor emerging needs among key stakeholders such as clients, government, philanthropy, and employers.
Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts, and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary to develop model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Work closely with the finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Develop an assessment protocol to determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs and lead to more effective and efficient service delivery.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts, ideally at an organization serving low-income youth or communities.
- Passion for ENP’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure, including professional development and mentorship.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising.
- Expertise in one or more of the following service areas: education, youth development, or workforce development.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
- A strong relationship builder who can find common ground, build consensus, and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Strong community awareness and astuteness.
- Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible scheduling
- Hybrid environment
- Funding for professional development
How to Apply
To Apply: Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the position’s qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. ENP is highly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates, and values employees from all backgrounds; candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: October 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/23/2023
- Salary Range: 50K-60K