Director of Program Services
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Program Services (DoPS) is responsible for direction and coordination of adoption, pregnancy counseling and program services including compliance of Hague Accreditation standards and the individual supervision of program team members in addition to creating and implementing new programs meeting the expressed needs of the community and clientele.
Additionally, this position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining quality control standards for processes, policies, procedures and evaluation of program delivery.
Primary Job Duties
- Direct and maintain the program of social services, to include adoptions, services to pregnancy clients and other counseling services.
- Assure proper casework services and case documentation as required by agency, licensing and accreditation standards.
- Manages the program of placement services (adoptions, services to expectant parents, client training, etc.) and is responsible for approving needed services and placements
- Assigns/directs workload and is responsible for the overall supervision of cases; ensuring proper casework services and case documentation as required by applicable standards (agency, licensing, etc.).
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure compliance of Licensing, The Hague standards and the Universal Accreditation Act.
- Assign, develop, and maintain relationships with program referral sources.
- Review program staff PTO to ensure all services can be met
- Maintain adoption procedures to be in compliance with licensing, adoption law, IAAME, The Hague and the Universal Accreditation Act
- Regularly evaluate program effectiveness, creating a plan for necessary change/development of the agency’s program in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer
- Conduct yearly performance management evaluation of the program staff, check-ins throughout the year, and a mid-year review session.
- Working with the CEO to establish and monitor agency metrics of effectiveness
- Review procedures and documentation with counselors to verify or recommend needed changes in program services
- Lead accreditation process and participate in agency licensing preparation and review
- Administer the Client Information System database
- Work with the CEO and communications manager to develop a marketing plan for new programs and services
Program Coordination and Development:
- Assure appropriate intake procedures, admission, discharge and follow-up services to clients
- Participate in other agency meetings and planning efforts as directed including bi-monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
- Approve expenditures in adoption services
- The DoPS will assist in the management of Program Budget by evaluating accounts receivable, the escrow account, and program staff expense reimbursements along with participation in annual budget preparation as needed.
- Facilitate clinical meetings and individual supervision no less than monthly, and any other meetings as needed.
- Reviews procedures and program goals semi-annually with counselors and CEO to verify or recommend needed changes in program services
- Accountable for the training, development, and the continuing education for program staff, including cross training from program to program
- Develop and maintain relations with referral sources
- Coordinate training and education groups for clients including setting dates and topics, materials budget, and promotional information, as well as securing speakers.
Promotion of Safety and Client Rights:
- Immediately report to the CEO any circumstances of abuse /neglect or circumstances which otherwise appear to violate client rights
- In coordination with the CEO, provide training and supervision to develop staff attitude and consciousness of clients’ physical, emotional, and psychological safety
- Assure practices and procedures that safeguard the physical and psychological safety of clients
- Develop an approach among staff to empower families and children to help them grow and change
- Assure that the program services promote an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural backgrounds and needs of the clients served
Additional Job Duties:
- Assist in board orientation, in-service activities, as needed or required
- Participate in agency licensing and accreditation process
- Advise the CEO regarding staff issues and client needs.
- Through individual study and participation in professional conferences, DoPS will remain informed of current issues and developments in services to the developmentally disabled and the social service delivery system
- Serve on the executive leadership team with the CEO
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Hold a Master’s of Social Work degree or equivalent in a related field required, and an LCSW, LMSW, LPC or similar licensure. Must have at least five (5) years of experience in counseling, foster care, and/or adoption services as well as supervisory experience.
Key Skills: The ideal candidate for this position must:
- Demonstrate competency in the delivery of adoption preparation and adoption services
- Demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and staff members
- Have the ability to lead people and foster a collaborative environment to meet company goals
- Abide by the Agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values in order to maintain the reputation of Miriam’s Promise.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess professional demeanor and skills in working with staff, clients, volunteers, and members of the community
- Be knowledgeable about and committed to core values of the agency and the ability to demonstrate, communicate, and represent those to others
- Be able to use computers efficiently (i.e., word processing [Microsoft Word, Excel], data storage/retrieval, client tracking systems, etc.)
- Have knowledge of and abide by rules of confidentiality
- Have a vehicle for business use and a valid TN driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Full medical for employee, 50% for dependents
50% dental for employee
403B Pension plan
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Dietz Osborne, President & CEO at email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/01/2020
- Salary Range: 48,000-52,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk