YMCA of Middle TN
Director of Philanthropy Systems
YMCA of Middle TN
THE Y: WE’RE FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—work to bridge the gap in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. Simply put, the Y is for everyone. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Executive Director of Annual Giving, the Director of Philanthropy Systems is responsible for the strategic optimization of donor data and information to help the development team achieve a donor-centric approach to fundraising.
This position is directly responsible for the utilization, oversight and advancement of the constituent relationship management database, data management, analytics, and reporting and serves as the single point of contact for all Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database policies and procedures. He/She also serves as the departmental point person for the evaluation and adoption of new tech tools to support development functions.
- Models the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Models and puts into practice behavior that supports equity, inclusion and diversity
- Ensures that all systems and processes used for data collection are consistent with the YMCA’s data security policies
- Directs and leads operation of association-wide constituent resource management system(s) (CRMs)
- Act as on staff expert for various operations and software systems
- Manages all philanthropy platforms such as Blackbaud Merchant Services, JustGiving, Research Point, OnlineExpress, and BB Mobile Pay
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (primarily philanthropy, accounting, and IT departments) to develop and manage the systems used in donor management
- Provides integration support with other technologies, software and systems where appropriate
- Stays up to date regarding new technology development or software changes/features Raiser’s Edge and other philanthropy-related software systems and proactively communicates with both the Philanthropy and IT leaders
- Evaluates and implements the new technology for event giving, social media fundraising, etc.
- Oversees the quality, integrity and accuracy of all donor information and gifts in CRMs
- Develops best practices in maintaining and reporting accurate database records and documents the policies and procedures related to gift processing and entry by creating SOPs and training materials
- Leads projects in order to ensure accurate and quality donor data including returned mail, address updates, data merge, and inactivation processes
- Trains and supports all database end-users and development team members in the processes of gift entry and relationship management
- Supervises the Data Entry Specialist position
- Analyzes database and systems with various reports and dashboards to support fundraising process and broader development team
- Builds and implements effective dashboards to track campaign progress and KPIs
- Generates and analyzes ad hoc reports, customized queries, exports, and mailing lists for multiple centers
- Manages a pro-active screening process that produces well qualified leads for the development staff
- Establishes and maintains relationships with center staff to ensure association-wide support of fundraising campaigns and initiatives
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
Superior supervisory skills and an enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants and staff to create a culture of service within our Centers
Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment is required
- Solid knowledge/experience with databases such as Raiser’s Edge, SQL, constraints, indexes, packages, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum five years’ work experience with CRM software utilization
- Financial development experience preferred
- Raiser’s Edge Certification a plus
- Multilingual a plus
Benefits include medical, dental, vision.
Generous paid time off, retirement options, family membership, and staff discounts on programs.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply today!
- Date Posted: August 22, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: Pay Range: $68,900 - 86,000 depending on experience
- Working Hours: Typical business hours Monday - Friday