Director of Permanent Housing
Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Director of Permanent Housing
Summary: Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of Oasis Center’s Rapid Rehousing (RRH) program and Fisk Courts Permanent Supportive Housing partnership for young adults, ages 18-24. This position will ensure the RRH program meets all applicable standards, as well as be responsible for cultivating relationships within Oasis Center and the community to quickly and effectively support youth in their transition to permanent, stable housing.
· Lead the operations of Oasis Center’s Rapid Rehousing program with a focus on implementing a trauma-informed and data-driven service delivery environment.
· Manage complex grant contracts, including a $1.07 million Youth Homelessness Demonstration Project (YHDP) contract with HUD, in tandem with the VP of Crisis to Housing.
· Build relationships with other programs within Oasis Center; assure strong internal collaboration to maximize the impact of Oasis resources for young people.
· Support the housing manager in building and maintaining a network of landlords to create housing opportunities for youth.
· Reviews expenditures for supplies, resources and equipment and ensures that funds are being spent appropriately and according to budget.
· Actively engage as a member of Oasis Center’s Leadership Team, including attending Leadership Team meetings, participating in strategic planning, and advancing the agency’s strategic goals.
· Provide leadership and add capacity to community efforts to end homelessness, aimed at increasing equity for youth including, but not limited to, participation in the CoC including serving on at least one committee.
· Ensure program area is actively participating in agency led DEI initiatives and actively using the Equity Lens in decision making.
· Oversee hiring, training, orientation, supervision, evaluation, and accountability of the Rapid Rehousing and Fisk Courts staff.
· Provide direct supervision and oversight of the RRH Manager, Manager of Housing Partnerships and Fisk Courts Coordinator and indirect supervision of RRH case managers. Promote and manage a strong team culture that embodies inclusion, accountability, learning, collaboration, and other Oasis Center core values.
· In collaboration with the VP of Housing and Workforce, prepare timely and quality program and funding reports.
· Manage crisis situations as part of day-to-day duties and participate in the on-call rotation.
Deep knowledge and experience with issues of youth homelessness and program administration
· Knowledge and experience with a Rapid Rehousing model, permanent supportive housing, and program administration
· Exceptional management skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and operate effective programs, promote a strong team culture, effectively resolve conflict, and utilize data to make decisions
· Collaborative and skilled communicator, ability to connect and communicate with youth, staff, stakeholders, and community members
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, manage multiple assignments, and deliver solutions.
· Strong grasp of federal, state, and city regulations and trends in services for homeless youth.
· Demonstrated ability to network and collaborate with external partners
· Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people.
· Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
· Understanding of and ability to deliver services through a low barrier and Housing First approach.
· Bachelor’s degree + four years relevant experience or 8 years relevant experienc
Free Dental & Vision coverage for employee
401K & up to 3% match
PTO – including birthday and Juneteenth
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Karri Gornick @firstname.lastname@example.org
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: August 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 54K-64K