Director of Operations
Explore! Community School
Explore! Community School is seeking a detail-oriented logistical expert who gets things done to become the Director of Operations of a vibrant educational community.
About Explore! Community School
At Explore, we always begin with our mission: to foster the independence, critical thinking, and creativity of a diverse community of learners so they are fully prepared to become confident, conscientious leaders who change the world. To achieve our mission we emphasize interactive, hands-on, project-based learning to build upon our rigorous, standards-based curriculum and ensure learning is authentic, meaningful, and fun. We focus on the whole child, nurturing the social and emotional development of Explorers while fostering their academic excellence.
Currently serving a diverse community of learners in grades K-2, we will add 3rd grade in 2018-2019 and continue adding one grade per year until reaching capacity with students in grades K through 8. This is a particularly exciting time to join our crew as we are poised to move into a newly constructed K-8 campus in the new Envision Cayce development in 2019. Explore! Community School is an educational outreach of the Martha O’Bryan Center.
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to model our core values and manage all non-instructional systems such as the school’s finances, risk management, facility maintenance, transportation, technology, vendor relationships, student enrollment data, and staff compliance. DoO reports directly to the principal and is responsible for getting things done so that other staff members can focus on giving Explorers an awesome education everyday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure smooth execution of school operations including school meals, student transportation, emergency plans, facility maintenance and upkeep, and resource inventory;
- Manage a small but growing Operations team;
- Ensure operational systems are well-known and expertly carried out by all staff members;
- Oversee logistical elements of school-wide events such as Exhibitions of Learning, Curriculum Summits, field trips, and student assessments;
- Oversee the student registration process;
- Manage accuracy of student information in the district and school’s information systems (currently Infinite Campus and KickBoard);
- Ensure the school is compliant with all local/state reporting requirements;
Finances and Human Resources
- Manage the school budget and monitor school spending;
- Establish staff purchase systems, place vendor orders, track delivery and inventory, code and submit purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursement requests;
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they deliver on expectations.
Skills and Characteristics
- Commitment to Explore Community School’s mission, values, and educational model;
- Experience with the inner workings of schools or related non-profits;
- Relentlessness and willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure success;
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail, and follow-through;
- Maturity, humility, sense of humor, and love for students, staff, and families;
- Commitment to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community;
- Commitment to having fun at work;
- Commitment to learning and adopting best practices and innovative solutions; Educational Background and Work Experience
- Demonstrated success with design and execution of logistics;
- Experience managing a budget and tracking expenses;
- Track record of building relationships and trust with colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Additional skills that benefit the school (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought.
This is a benefits eligible position
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.marthaobryan.org/careers
- Date Posted: May 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education