Director of Operations
AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through training communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins. AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused on a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: CEO
ATN is seeking a qualified person to serve the agency as Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will serve as a key member of the AncoraTN Leadership Team. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone mission-driven who is highly skilled in project management and non-profit administration.
• Supervise and provide support to the HR & DEI Generalist, Property Supervisor, and Office Coordinator
• Assist the CEO and Executive Leadership Team with the buildout of a Survivor Restoration Campus, including communication with vendors, securing contracts, and collaborating with the Project Planning Committee.
• Supervise the project management of state grants and building projects.
• Ensure a current technology infrastructure to support the operations and growth of the organization.
• Coordinate with the HR & DEI Manager to oversee the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations and manage individual professional development plans for staff.
• In collaboration with the CEO, Board of Directors, outside consultants, and Executive Leadership Team, oversee DEI Initiatives as outlined in the ATN Strategic Plan.
• In collaboration with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Leadership Team, oversee Campus Buildout as outlined in the ATN Strategic Plan.
• Provide facilities management for offices and residential spaces. This includes but is not limited to negotiating leases and service contracts.
• Ability to create and implement agency-wide policy and procedures.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgment-free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work will be performed primarily at the Survivor Restoration Campus. This position will also require travel throughout the 41 counties of Middle TN with an opportunity to work from home 2-3 days a week with supervisor approval.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Experience with an organization delivering trauma-informed care to vulnerable populations.
- Business or Operations Management degree preferred; related experience considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operations management role in a non-profit.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate best practices around trauma-informed care and strength-based leadership.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
- People-oriented with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
- Leadership and Organization-exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in groups; capacity to enforce accountability.
- Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; not afraid to take charge of a situation and provide direction to staff.
- Thorough understanding of project planning, information systems, and human resources.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, typically Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$72,000-80,000 based on education and experience.
• Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment. AncoraTN is exploring healthcare plans for employees starting January 2024.
• $150.00/ month for therapy
• 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
• 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
• 13 paid holidays
• 4 floating holidays
• Short-term disability, Long-term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
• Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and dependent on annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls were accepted for this position. No phone calls were accepted for this position. **AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: September 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/16/2023
- Salary Range: $72000-$80000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm