Explore! Community School
Director of Operations
Explore! Community School
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Explore! Community School is seeking a detail-oriented logistical expert who gets things done to become the Director of Operations of a vibrant educational community.
ABOUT EXPLORE! COMMUNITY SCHOOL
At Explore, we always begin with our mission: to foster the independence, critical thinking, and creativity of a diverse community of learners so they are fully prepared to become confident, conscientious leaders who change the world. To achieve our mission we emphasize interactive, hands-on, project-based learning to build upon our rigorous, standards-based curriculum and ensure learning is authentic, meaningful, and fun. We focus on the whole child, nurturing the social and emotional development of Explorers while fostering their academic excellence.
Currently serving a diverse community of learners in grades K-6, we will add 7th and 8th grade over the next two years. Current enrollment is over 500 students growing to 800 over time. This is a particularly exciting time to join our crew as we are poised to move into a newly constructed K-8 campus in the new Envision Cayce development in 2019. Explore! Community School is an educational outreach of the Martha O’Bryan Center, Nashville’s oldest anti-poverty nonprofit that has been serving the city and Davidson County for over 100 years. Please email email@example.com for more information.
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to model our core values and manage all non-instructional systems such as facility maintenance, transportation, technology, vendor relationships, student enrollment data, and staff compliance. This role interacts directly with the Dir. of Finance and is essential in managing grant revenue and related reporting. The DOO reports directly to the executive principal and is responsible for getting things done so that other staff members can focus on ensuring our Explorers receive a challenging and rigorous education. The DOO also supervises several key staff (registrar, office staff, etc.) as well as key contractors such as foodservice, transportation, custodial, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure smooth execution of school operations including school meals, student transportation, emergency plans, facility maintenance and upkeep, and resource inventory;
- Manage a three-person Operations team;
- Ensure operational systems are well-known and expertly carried out by all staff members;
- Oversee logistical elements of school-wide events such as Exhibitions of Learning, Curriculum Summits, and field trips;
- Oversee the student registration process;
- Manage accuracy of student information in the district and school’s information systems;
- Ensure the school is compliant with all local/state reporting requirements;
- Ensure accurate collection of daily student attendance in student information systems
Finances and Human Resources
- Partner with principals and the Dir. of Finance to build and monitor school budget;
- Oversee purchase systems, place vendor orders, track delivery and inventory, code and submit purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursement requests;
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they deliver on expectations;
- Serve as liaison between Human Resources and employees regarding onboarding;
- Coordinate daily coverage sheet to ensure all classes are staff prior to school day;
- Manage entry/exit process for new/departing staff
- Track computer equipment inventory;
- Order, purchase, and set up software for instruction and assessments;
- Manage school-wide IT including phones, copiers, and printers in partnership with Martha O’Bryan Center Director of Operations
- Serve as liaison between school and third-party IT provider
Transportation and Food Services
- Oversee daily student transportation to and from the school
- Serve as liaison between school and transportation team, and serve as primary point of contact for bus issues
- Ensure meals are served on time and food services team have the necessary tools
- Serve as liaison between school and food service management team
Skills and Characteristics
- Commitment to Explore Community School’s mission, values, and educational model;
- Experience with the inner workings of schools or related non-profits;
- Relentlessness and willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure success;
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail, and follow-through;
- Maturity, humility, sense of humor, and love for students, staff, and families;
- Commitment to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community;
- Commitment to having fun at work;
- Commitment to learning and adopting best practices and innovative solutions; Educational Background and Work Experience
- Demonstrated success with design and execution of logistics;
- Experience managing a budget and tracking expenses;
- Track record of building relationships and trust with colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Additional skills that benefit the school (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought.
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please use the following link to access our career page: https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/MOBC.careers?CareersSearch
2. Choose “Explore! Community School” from the Categories drop down box.
3. Click on the Job Title to be directed to the position description, and to apply.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk