GraceWorks Ministries, Inc.
Director of Operations
GraceWorks Ministries, Inc.
The Operations Director supports the GraceWorks Ministries’ goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability. As a member of the GraceWorks Ministries’ executive management team, the performance includes a demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork, job knowledge, and leadership in a manner appropriate for a Christian departmental manager of a faith-based organization.
The Operations Director will plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Operations Departments to support the ministry of GraceWorks in its effort to provide excellent Neighbor Services. The Operations Director is also responsible for the performance of the retail, food pantry, in-kind gift processing, transportation, and facility management of all GraceWorks locations. The position develops and deploys effective policies, processes, and procedures across each operational area of responsibility to ensure high-quality delivery of services. The position strategically evaluates operations systems, facilities, and equipment utilized to support effective capital planning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide strong leadership and advocacy model of ministry mission, programs and events to staff, volunteers, donors, community partners, and neighbors.
- Work closely with CEO to execute and enhance the strategy, mission, and budget of GraceWorks
- Ensure a high level of customer and donor care to in-kind donors, volunteers, retail shoppers, community partners, and neighbors using our services.
- Responsible for directing, supervising, and managing all aspects of operations including, in-kind donation receiving and distribution activities, inventory management, and control, transportation, food pantry, retail, and facilities management.
- Responsible for the development, review, and modification of existing procedures, policies, and activities to support an effective and efficient operating environment for the receipt, storage and logistical movement of goods and donations.
- Reviews and approves effective plans for receipt and distribution of in-kind gifts such as food, clothing furniture and seasonal gifts.
- Direct Facilities Manager in proactive maintenance and care of all GraceWorks facilities.
- Manage truck driver recruitment, training, and scheduling to address the transportation needs of all departments and sites of GraceWorks.
- Maintain the good working order all GraceWorks machinery, including trucks and warehouse equipment.
- Ensures all operational activities are carried out in compliance with applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA, FDA, USDA, etc.).
- Participates in strategic and budget planning. Provides strong adherence to all plans once solidified.
- Responsible for the development, management and oversight of the Operations annual budget including income generated from retail sales. Regularly reviews operations budget in preparation for monthly board report which entails budget and activity summary and analysis.
- Direct and/or monitor the activities, schedules and evaluations of all departmental staff.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports, and executes personnel action to facilitate growth and positive morale of staff.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct and indirect reports and regular volunteers are defined and understood. Identify and provide training to staff and/or volunteers on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate and plan volunteer activities as it relates to the operations department. Respond to group volunteer requests and proactively anticipate department volunteer needs.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure overall ministry goals and strategies are met. Coordinates activities of assigned departments with other ministry departments.
- All other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field; Master’s degree preferred. Five years of related operations management experience are required.
Strong desire for ministry service
Great team building who is able to manage people and processes well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Well-developed interpersonal skills
Excellent project management skills
Highly organized with a strong sense of logistics
Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to quickly learn new databases
Strong analytical skills
Able to think strategically
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Simple IRA
- Health Insurance
How to Apply
Email – email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 3, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/29/2022
- Salary Range: 60,000-65,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm