Director of Operations
Organization Summary: 4:13 Strong is a faith-based non-profit organization based in Nashville, Tennessee that empowers young men to transform their lives so that they can succeed personally and professionally. Our residential program provides a holistic approach to foster social, emotional and spiritual growth and takes approximately six to eight months for a participant to complete.
Job Summary: The 4:13 Strong Director of Operations is responsible for working with the President, the Board of Directors and 4:13 Strong staff leaders to develop and implement an organizational strategic plan. The Director of Operations will lead all internal operations and ensure the 4:13 Strong staff are working to fulfill the organization’s mission and strategic plan. The Director of Operations will work closely with the President and the Board of Directors in coordinating these activities.
Responsibilities and Duties: Reporting to the President of 4:13 Strong, the Director of Operations will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Actively participate with the President and Board of Directors to create an organizational strategic plan.
- Implement the organizational strategic plan and create the processes and accountability structure within the organization required to achieve the goals of the plan.
- Directly resource, supervise and manage the 4:13 Strong staff to achieve excellence and consistency in pursuit of 4:13 Strong’s primary goal of building better men.
- Design, implement and lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress towards organizational goals
- Provide the 4:13 Strong staff a day-to-day servant leadership presence.
- Cultivate the core values of 4:13 Strong within the organization.
- Establish a culture within the organization that values and demonstrates sound financial stewardship.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Ensure organizational spending is aligned with the strategic plan and the board-approved budget.
- Provide the 4:13 Strong staff with program budgets and keep them updated on a regular basis.
- Work with the organization’s accountants and auditors, the board treasurer, the board chair and the president to complete the annual financial audit.
- Ensure the organization maintains adequate risk-management policies and procedures to include insurance coverage, employee training and organizational documentation.
- Ensure the Human Resource functions at 4:13 Strong are appropriately protecting the organization and serving the needs of the employees. Examples include the following:
- Maintain company files such as personnel files and Paid-Time-Off requests.
- Offer appropriate training and development opportunities for the 4:13 Strong Staff
- Participate on the 4:13 Strong Compensation Committee and oversee the payroll and benefit plans for all 4:13 Strong staff.
- Lead efforts related to the recruiting, hiring, orientation and onboarding, professional development, performance evaluation and offboarding of all 4:13 Strong staff.
- Support all fundraising activities of 4:13 Strong including:
- Grant researching, grant writing, grant reporting
- Developing an annual fundraising plan
- Active participation on the Development Committee
- Oversee the design, implementation, and delivery of all 4:13 Strong programming activities.
- Observe the recruiting and program enrollment practices.
- Ensure 4:13 Strong’s programming is engaging, meaningful and effective and in line with 4:13 Strong’s mission, vision, core values and core beliefs.
- Document meaningful measurement and outcome data related to 4:13 Strong participant progress in order to effectively tell 4:13 Strong stories to stakeholders and to strengthen overall program delivery.
- Promote and provide enriching outings and experiences for the 4:13 Strong participants
- Achieve capacity goals and performance targets in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan
- Create a robust network of program volunteers to support and supplement the work of the 4:13 Strong staff and to serve as program ambassadors to the community.
- Recruit, train and sustain program volunteers.
- Develop comprehensive volunteer procedures and policies and implement a volunteer training program.
- Maintain a campus environment that is safe, functional and attractive.
- Facilitate maintenance and repair of 4:13 Strong property including all facilities, grounds, and vehicles.
- Maintain compliance with laws such a vehicle registration, alarm permits, etc.
- Ensure all residential buildings are staffed with qualified House Managers and Assistant House Managers
- Work with the Board of Directors by presenting to the full board at the bi-monthly meetings and participating on the appropriate board committees.
- Assist the President in high-priority projects such as fundraising ventures, community awareness, program expansion and succession planning.
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills: The ideal 4:13 Strong Director of Operations candidate will be someone who is passionate about Christian ministry. They will have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of nonprofit management, over 7 years of nonprofit leadership experience and experience working as part of a diverse team. The candidate will also have the following skills:
- Ability to make good decisions consistently through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Excellent time management skills, public speaking skills, problems solving skills and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Possess a high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and priorities.
- Training in Early Childhood Trauma or Trauma Informed Care.
- The successful candidate must believe in the core values of 4:13 Strong and be driven by the mission.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is $60,000 – $70,000 depending on experience
- Potential for year-end performance bonus
- Twenty (20) day of Paid-Time-Off (PTO) each calendar year
- Nine (9) paid holidays each calendar year
- Up to a three percent (3%) employer match on contributions to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 3, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000