The Next Door
Director of Nursing
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Responsible for the supervision of all nurses and clinical associates (CA’s), ensuring functional adherence to regulatory and professional standards, and developing the processes necessary to create client-focused and successful medical services provided within TND’s treatment continuum in Nashville.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Hire, develop, educate and maintain a strong professional nursing team.
- In conjunction with Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), coordinate client care with the medical and psychiatric staff.
- Alternate weekly administrative on-call duties with ADON.
- Develop, implement, and revise Medical Services Policies and Procedures, Standard of Care documents, and monthly operating reports, on a routine basis.
- Ensure medication administration system complies with laws, regulations, licensure and professional standards of practice.
- Oversee and monitor Infection Control practices.
- Approve and audit medical record documentation methods for clinical staff.
- Collaborate with Compliance Coordinator to aggregate data from the Incident Report Log and identify patterns and trends. Review clinical incidents with Medical Director and Assistant Director of Nursing and revise processes of care to decrease incidents.
- Monitors medication systems in collaboration with outside vendors including, but not limited to, pharmacies and medical supply vendors.
- Ensure appropriate, ongoing staff education and training on relevant clinical topics and skill development.
- Routinely oversee medical staff meetings.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of effective business practices to ensure clinical operations are cost effective and in congruence with TND core values.
- Develop specific goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the clinic.
- Routinely assess quality of care and coordinate client care services with TND clients, staff, nurse practitioners, physicians, and other providers.
- In conjunction with ADON, monitor quality measures and ensure regulatory compliance with facilities licensure, accreditation, contracts and vendor relations—i.e. OSHA, TDMHSAS, CARF, etc.
- Collaborate with TND Human Resources in planning and facilitating staff access to training, in-service education, and continuing education as appropriate to their scope of practice and position. Ensure that staff maintains current CME/CEU to fulfill licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Assist with medical services budget development and implementation.
- Be willing to cover nursing shifts on occasion if necessary to maintain appropriate staffing ratios.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to inspire client confidence in TND Staff and TND’s Continuum of Treatment services.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the stability in conduct and communications that is required to effectively assist patients and their family members through TND’s Continuum of Treatment services.
- Adherence to CARF standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates ability to manage people which includes planning, decision making and facilitating process improvements; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes self available to staff and provides regular performance feedback.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, mental illness, and related issues.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse with minimum 5 years’ experience working with substance use disorders in a detox setting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) and/or Master’s degree preferred.
- Appropriate experience may be substituted for educational requirements. Experience to include three years’ work and supervisory experience in medical practice management.
- Experience in managing in a leadership capacity required.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Position requires some work on the computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- A current, valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance is required.
- Due to the 24/7 operational demands, must be available after normal working hours and on holidays to manage emergencies that may arise.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep all information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist the leadership team with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Teladoc; 401K with partial matching; six paid holidays plus floating holiday; Paid Time Off; professional development hours.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your application and resume.
- Date Posted: September 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk