Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Director of Multifamily Programs
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Oversees the Multifamily Programs Division and administration of the Low-Income Housing Credit Program, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority Program, and other multifamily funding programs as assigned.
- Directly supervises staff; interviews, makes hiring recommendations, and trains employees; makes assignments and monitors work; develops employee skills and encourages growth and development; reviews and evaluates employee performance; addresses workplace issues and provides leadership, guidance, coaching, and disciplinary measures for staff; addresses personnel issues in conjunction with appropriate leadership and the Human Resources Division. Seeks input and develops policy for the expansion and preservation of affordable rental housing.
- Directs the evaluation and analysis of Low-Income Housing Credit applications, Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority applications, or applications for other multifamily funding programs as assigned.
- Directs the construction oversight functions of the Division.
- Works collaboratively with the Compliance and Asset Management Division to develop policy and procedures to ensure project compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Ensures proper reporting to relevant federal and state authorities.
- Researches and develops policies and procedures related to multifamily development.
- Provides program information to the THDA Board of Directors and Executive Team as needed.
- Creates relationships with government officials, developers, for profit and non-profit organizations, syndicators, lenders and others in the affordable housing industry.
- Interprets federal and state legislation and regulations relating to the Low-Income Housing Credit Program, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority Program, and other multifamily funding programs.
- Drafts and reviews documents used in connection with the Low-Income Housing Credit Program, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority Program, and other multifamily funding programs.
- Works collaboratively with the Legal Division regarding legal issues involving the Low-Income Housing Credit Program, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority Program, and other multifamily funding programs.
- Coordinates use of in-house developed data and reporting systems and required federal reporting systems.
- Works across division lines to ensure consistency and alignment of programs and processes where appropriate and to share information specific to projects with funding sources administered by multiple Divisions.
- Stays current in industry trends and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, planning, business, public administration, economics, or other related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor degree is preferred.
- Three years of experience in developing, financing, or ensuring the compliance of affordable multifamily development and/or related areas.
- Four years of increasingly responsible management and leadership experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of affordable housing production programs is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Low Income Housing Credit program is preferred.
THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting
How to Apply
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing