Director of Mission Advancement
The Director of Mission Advancement is responsible for developing resources — financial, volunteers, and food- to drive the work of the Store forward. The Director of Mission Advancement will accomplish this through strategic engagement of all The Store’s stakeholders including donors, board members, corporations, and the public at large.
The Director of Mission Advancement will achieve aggressive annual revenue goals by executing growth strategies with a special focus on pursuing new financial opportunities. By leveraging existing decision-maker relationships, the Director of Mission Advancement will be responsible for strengthening current relationships and building new revenue pipelines. They must work cross-functionally to leverage and enhance donor and prospective donor engagements, utilize database management, and manage the total portfolio to achieve financial and non-financial goals. In addition, the Director of Mission Advancement will strive to engage an increasingly large number of people in the Store’s work through donor visits, social media, presentations, and community events.
- Organize and lead agency events, including at least one signature event per year, working with community partners, vendors, staff, and Board members to ensure the success of events in terms of net revenue and attendance.
- Support development and marketing committees, successfully supporting volunteers in achieving the committee’s goals.
- Seek out and cultivate relationships that lead to increased agency funding
- Achieve fundraising goals through multiple funding streams, for example, event planning, fundraising campaigns, major giving, etc.
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Provide friendly, donor-centric customer service and represent The Store and our mission professionally and positively.
- Establish and maintain a qualified fundraising pipeline, including generating leads, cultivating potential donors, and converting current volunteers and donors to major donors and/or recurring donors.
- Develop a yearly fundraising plan to achieve agency revenue goals.
- Create and execute targeted cultivation plans to reach fundraising goals for select persons and companies.
- Maintain accurate records of financial projections, donor engagement visits, and other key campaign metrics, providing regular and accurate reporting when requested.
- Attends board meetings, committee meetings, and any ad hoc organizational events as required.
- Effectively use CRM systems/fundraising platforms, Office/Google suite, social media tools, and other technology as needed for presentations, donor relations, and grant processes.
- Promote the work and mission of The Store through its various social media platforms with the goal of growing the number of followers and continually engaging supporters to stay involved and informed.
- Assists grant prospector in grant writing, reporting, and identifying new grant opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with a donor database or other CRM is required.
- Previous experience, either professional or volunteer, with a nonprofit organization is required.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing, or non-profit management or related field is preferred.
- Five years or more of sales, customer service, and/or non-profit development experience is required.
- Experience delivering individual and group presentations that are dynamic, impactful, and relevant to the donor
- Experience with sales that involves developing long-term relationships with supporters at every level and the ability to cultivate them through the donor pipeline.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and an ability to work independently
- Embraces diversity at every level of the organization
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills and ability to make accurate fundraising projections
- Strong desire to learn and grow fundraising and marketing skills
- Engages well in teamwork and collaboration while possessing an individual drive to achieve goals
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive, including Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, and PowerPoint/Slides
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- paid health insurance for employees, including dental and vision
- Average of 10 paid holidays off every year
- 10 days of PTO for full-time staff
- 8 days of sick time for full-time staff
- Hybrid schedule
- Simple IRA available
- 6 weeks paid parental leave after 1 year of employment
- Flexible schedule in accordance with work goals
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested for final consideration.
- Date Posted: September 25, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/23/2023
- Working Hours: 5 days per week; Some Evenings and Saturdays