Director of Marketing and Special Events
Working from the Nashville headquarters and reporting to the VP of Development, the incoming Director of Marketing and Special Events is responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of a comprehensive marketing program and the administration of annual agency special events.
- Responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of comprehensive marketing and branding strategies for Dismas’ services and programs.
- Develops and executes, from conception to production, a wide array of publicity, promotional, communication and marketing materials utilizing a variety of print and digital media.
- Oversees the creation and production of printed materials and continuously updates and enhances the website, digital footprint, and social media outlets.
- Manages website design and content management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Designs, communicates, and upholds Dismas’ branding standards that create consistency and recognition across all marketing platforms.
- Assesses effectiveness and satisfaction of marketing and outreach strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates effectively and facilitates ongoing meetings with the Dismas program team.
- Produces and maintains an active plan and timeline for all marketing campaigns to include evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Coordinates and leads Dismas outreach opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates annual fund development plans that focus on diversifying revenue through special fundraising events, individual/major donor cultivation, direct mail, community involvement and social media campaigns, as well as foundations and corporations in coordination with the VP of Development and key staff. Dismas’ annual special fundraising and cultivation events include: Forgiveness Luncheon, Dismas Day, Father Jack Hickey Circle of Grace Reception, and Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Track and manage special events budgets.
- Research and evaluate potential corporate sponsorships for special events.
- Manage the donor database of individuals, major donors, corporations, businesses, and foundations.
- Assist the VP of Development with donor relations.
- Provides event planning resources and guidance for Dismas events and is responsible for collecting and organizing all event details.
- Serves as a liaison between Dismas and marketing and communications vendors.
- Serves as staff for assigned board committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Five or more years of professional work experience in marketing or related field.
- Must have experience developing marketing and branding strategies.
- Must have experience managing websites and social media accounts.
- Must have experience maintaining an annual budget.
- Must have experience developing, organizing, and coordinating special events.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff
- Must possess a high level of integrity with a proven ability to establish trust-based relationships regarding ongoing, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Able to work autonomously while achieving high impact results
- Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture
- Excel in organizational leadership abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Be versatile in interacting and communicating effectively with everyone from an ex-offender to a potential donor in the C-suite.
- Outstanding public presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the board, committees, staff, volunteers, and the public in a concise, focused, and convincing manner.
Compensation for the Director of Marketing and Special Events includes a competitive nonprofit base salary commensurate with experience, a performance-based incentive package and a package of employee and health benefits
How to Apply
Please send resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: December 30, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 02/01/2021
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week