United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties
Director of Marketing and Communications
United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties
The Director of Marketing and Communications supports the mission, goals, values, and philosophy of the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties by exhibiting the following professional behaviors: commitment to excellence, exceeding expectations, efficiency and effectiveness, and accountability. As a member of the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ professional team, the individual’s performance includes superior demonstration of the following professional attributes: ethical leadership, effective communication, teamwork, and job knowledge. The Director of Marketing and Communications develops and implements communications, public relations and marketing goals and strategies that support the mission and vision of the United Way.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop short and long-range communications, public relations and marketing goals and strategies for United Way
• Develop and maintain a positive image of United Way using successful brand management techniques
• Collaborate with other departments and corporate/community partners to ensure appropriate brand management
• Develop and maintain United Way’s online communications, including but not limited to: email communication, social media outlets, and websites
• Produce and design content and imagery for print publications and communication tools, including but not limited to: brochures, annual report, impact reports, signage, etc.
• Produce digital tools such as Powerpoint presentations, video, PSAs, etc.
• Maintain positive working relationships with local media (including but not limited to newspapers, radio and television stations) to promote United Way; includes producing and distributing content for media releases and securing features in various mediums
• Develop promotional materials and items to be used in the community to promote brand awareness • Collaborate with other departments to produce materials, such as informational pieces, event collateral, direct mail messaging, etc.
• Develop and maintain United Way’s crisis communication plan; implement the plan when necessary
• Primary duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive, and employee will be asked to fulfill other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, marketing or related field • Seven to ten years of experience in business, communications, public relations, marketing, sales or related field
• strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
• ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals
• highly developed organizational and planning skills
• highly developed oral and written communication skills (with particular emphasis on news writing skills)
• ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• graphic design skills • advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• advanced proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills of personnel so classified.
- Cell Phone Reimbursement: $50.00 per month maximum
- Mileage Reimbursement: $0.565 per mile (when conducting United Way business)
- Twelve (12) paid days of vacation per year, with an additional one (1) day of vacation provided for each year of service up to twenty (20) days.
- Up to three (3) additional paid days off per year contingent upon personal gift to United Way (1% of salary = 1 day, 1.5% of salary = 2 days, 2% of salary = 3 days).
- The following paid holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- December 24 – January 1
- One (1) paid sick day per month.
- Simple IRA retirement plan (available after one year of employment). United Way will match dollar for dollar up to 3% of employee’s contribution.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability (employee pays $2.00 per pay period for insurance coverage). Enrollment begins on the first day of employment. Dependents may be enrolled in employer’s plan, and employee assumes full cost of premiums for dependents.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following items as a single PDF attachment to Denise.Pope@yourlocaluw.org. Preference may be given to those submissions received by July 30, 2021.
1) Cover Letter
3) References (minimum of three)
Consideration will only be given to applications submitted as outlined above. Applications submitted with multiple attachments or not including all three items listed above will not be considered.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week: M-F, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 pm