Director of Marketing
Working from the Nashville headquarters and reporting to the VP of Development, the incoming
Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development, direction and
evaluation of a comprehensive marketing and communications program. Related tasks include but are
not limited to the creation of electronic, printed, and social media publicity/stewardship
materials and communications.
- Responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of comprehensive marketing and branding strategies for Dismas’ services and programs.
- Develops and executes, from conception to production, a wide array of publicity, promotional, communication and marketing materials utilizing a variety of print and digital media.
- Oversees the creation and production of printed materials and continuously updates and enhances the website, digital footprint, and social media outlets.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates direct mail campaigns and marketing & social media campaigns for fundraising and cultivation events in coordination with the VP of Development and key staff. Events include the annual Forgiveness Luncheon; Giving Tuesday & Year-End
- Campaign; Volunteer Appreciation Week; the Big Payback; Whiskey, Wine & Whiskers; and Father Jack Hickey Circle of Grace Reception.
- Manages website design and content management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Designs, communicates, and upholds Dismas’ branding standards that create consistency and recognition across all marketing platforms.
- Assesses effectiveness and satisfaction of marketing and outreach strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates effectively and facilitates ongoing meetings with the Dismas program team.
- Produces and maintains an active plan and timeline for all marketing campaigns to include evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Coordinates and leads Dismas outreach opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison between Dismas and marketing and communications vendors.
- Serves as staff for assigned board committee(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Five or more years of professional work experience in marketing or related field.
- Must have experience developing marketing and branding strategies.
- Must have experience managing websites and social media accounts.
- Must have experience maintaining an annual budget.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff
- Must possess a high level of integrity with a proven ability to establish trust-based relationships regarding ongoing, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Able to work autonomously while achieving high impact results
- Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture
- Excel in organizational leadership abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Be versatile in interacting and communicating effectively with everyone from an ex-offender to a potential donor in the C-suite.
- Outstanding public presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the board, committees, staff, volunteers, and the public in a concise, focused, and convincing manner.
Compensation for the Director of Marketing and Communications includes a competitive nonprofit base salary commensurate with experience, a performance-based incentive package and a package of employee and health benefits.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, a resume and list of references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: October 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 11/30/2022
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week