Director of Major Giving, Southeast
Remote-must be located in West (AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN,) Region
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
PRIMARY ROLE: The Director of Major giving is a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional. In coordination with the development team, the person in this role is responsible for initiating and developing relationships with current and prospective donors of the Parkinson’s Foundation. The person in this role will also work in conjunction with the Associate Vice President, Individual Giving to manage a portfolio of prospects, implement the major gifts strategy, and meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
It is essential that the Senior Development Manager demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness, and teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a portfolio of 150 individual donors to deepen their engagement and relationship with the Parkinson’s Foundation and increase their giving
- Create and execute plans to cultivate, solicit and steward donors with the potential to make major gifts
- Develop ‘moves management plan’ for all assigned prospects, write major gift proposals when appropriate, ask for the donation and close the gift.
- Personally develop relationships with prospects, solicit prospects.
- Maintain strong relationships with program staff to understand programs and anticipate funding needs.
- Effectively communicate regarding development activities and progress versus goals.
- Utilize systems to optimize major gift fundraising activities. Keep up-to-date prospect activity records.
- Promote a collegial atmosphere within the fundraising department, and organization-wide, working cooperatively with all fundraising staff to help them and the department attain its overall financial and advancement goals.
- Able to meet goals on a consistent basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent in business or related field.
- 5+ years of previous and successful experience in fundraising and donor development for non-profit organization.
- Excellent written communications skills, strong grammar skills, in English.
- Demonstrated successful experience and ability to plan and personally implement fundraising efforts with a primary focus on closing major gifts above $10,000.
- Demonstrated results-oriented implementation skills.
- Ability and commitment to learn about and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) the key scientific aspects of Parkinson’s disease.
- Excellent public speaking, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating, coaching, consulting and influencing others.
- Refined problem-solving and analytical skills; the ability to establish and adjust current and emerging priorities; ability to effectively negotiate multiple complex activities.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with major donors locally and nationally. Existing relationships and connections strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrates the organizational values of excellence, teamwork, collaboration, integrity, positivity, dedication, and responsiveness.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Director of Major Giving, Southeast” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: January 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 02/06/2023
- Working Hours: 40