Director of Individual Giving
The Director of Individual Giving, working under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program to increase both the Heritage Foundation and Franklin Theatre’s individual giving portfolios and support. Position leads all efforts for the Heritage Foundation’s Annual Fund/Leadership Society of Giving and The Franklin Theatre’s 1937 Society.
- Manage and cultivate all aspects of the individual giving process, including the strategy for donor/prospect acquisition through broad based appeals that generate significant revenue
- Develop a donor prospect pipeline through illustrating a full understanding of the connection between relationships, special events and other systems (database, communications, website, etc.)
- Regularly meet with donor prospects and be comfortable with “making the ask” for donor support.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaging individual donor cultivation and gift stewardship program to identify and increase new donors and to increase giving levels of existing donors
- Oversee and maintain internal systems related to key individual asks, including utilizing research points, maintaining prospect records, developing and integrating key fundraising messages within fundraising collateral, supervising prospect strategies and timelines, ensuring a robust stewardship tracking process and participating in revenue projection and budgeting based on known and potential opportunities.
- Plan, implement and manage a comprehensive direct mail program and online giving strategy to include a calendar outlining the proposed campaign activity, expected return on investment and reporting expectations.
- Write, assemble, and submit individual funding requests, solicitation letters, acknowledgements, stewardship reports and presentations where applicable.
- Develops and implements strategy to retain and grow recurring donor numbers and dollars; sets annual goal and strategy to achieve that goal.
- Participates in internal development team meetings, and other organization meetings tied to giving.
- Maintains confidentiality of donors information and interactions.
Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in business or marketing preferred. Minimum 7 years professional experience including at least 5 years’ experience in sales / individual giving. Not-for-profit experience preferred.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Date Posted: December 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/03/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/ wk, M-F, occasional weekends to support events