Director of HR
The Director of HR is an essential member of Nashville Ballet’s leadership team, reporting directly to the Executive Director. This person will lead all aspects of Human Resources needs of Nashville Ballet. Along with the Executive Director, the Director of HR works closely with the HR Committee of the board to guide development of these resources in accordance with strategic objectives. This person acts as a trusted resource for personnel matters, including documentation, communication, benefits management and assisting in administrative needs of the Finance department as directed.
- Oversee high-level human resource strategies and planning; track and communicate the company’s progress towards key goals, and partner with the leadership team to establish human resources objectives in alignment with organizational priorities
- Ensures compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to personnel matters
- Maintains paper and electronic personnel files, ensuring proper documentation of work eligibility and proper segregation of documentation protected by HIPAA
- Ensures continuity of process and documentation of the employee cycle, including recruitment and onboarding/orientation to exit interviews
- Manages unemployment claims and external surveys related to employment
- Manages conflict resolution through structured feedback, evaluation process, staff development and training opportunities, and staff recognition
- Works closely with Executive Director on strategies for employee retention, including managing the annual Employee Engagement Survey process
- Serves as a liaison with benefits manager, ensuring proper education of staff regarding all benefits and coordinating open enrollment process
- Participates on HR Committee and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee of the Board
- Foster an office culture of teamwork, collaboration, respect, mutual support, clear communication, and accountability.
- Manages emergency plans, including communication, testing and staff training
- Manages 401K compliance and assists in external audits
- Completes yearly Discrimination compliance – Title VI
- Completes yearly EEOC data collection
- Produces and distributes wage letters
- Assists Executive Director and CFO with personnel budget and forecasting
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a multi-talented multi-tasker with great organizational skills and extraordinary communication skills. This person will act as a leader on behalf of the organization for all matters regarding Human Resources.
Additionally, this individual will have the following experience and attributes:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience in HR or related work experience.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Proven track record and prior experience relating to staff members and external constituents, including non-profit Board members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion; maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Full Time Benefits
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of HR” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: November 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk