Scarritt Bennett Center
Director of Guest Services
Scarritt Bennett Center
Scarritt Bennett Center seeks skilled hospitality professionals with a heart for justice as candidates for our next Director of Guest Services. This is an exempt position that reports directly to the executive director.
The Director of Guest Services is responsible for overseeing all front office operational activities for internal and external customers, tracking and maintaining data bases. This position will supervise and train all front office staff. The Director of Guest Services will interact with every department on a regular basis and therefore must utilize tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in their interactions.
Candidates for the Director of Guest Services position should possess knowledge of best supervisory practices and team-building principles in order to foster a positive and hospitable environment.
Candidates should also have:
• Knowledge of hospitality front office operations and reservation software (Maestro valued)
• Skill in public relations and handling complaints
• Skill in both verbal and written communication
• Ability to multi-task and high attention to detail
• Ability to work with multiple software applications.
The ideal candidate will embrace a personal commitment to the mission and ministry of Scarritt Bennett Center. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Knowledge of non-profit / faith based organizations valued.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Director of Guest Services is responsible for overseeing all operational activities for internal and external customers. Track and maintaining lodging data base and lodging related tasks in collaboration with Urban Nashville and SBC Sales staff. Supervise and train all Front Desk, housekeeping, set-up staff, and Security to ensure campus operations run in an efficient manner. This position will also perform basic accounting and record maintenance related duties.
Supplemental Job Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, and train all new operational staff members and volunteers on SOPs, computer systems / software, customer service, etc.
- Schedule Front Desk, Housekeeping, Set-up, and Security staff based on two-week forecasts, to meet the needs of our flow of business.
- Ensure coverage for the campus and be available to provide after-hours on-call assistance for issues that arise, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Attend all weekly and monthly departmental and operational meetings. Maintain constant channels of communication with subordinate staff and other departments to disseminate necessary information.
- Maintain operational staff training manuals, SOPs, and checklists; revise as necessary.
- Oversee front desk staff, monitoring reservations and availability in collaboration with Urban Nashville, maintaining audit logs, communicating daily needs or special requests, and ensuring a warm, welcoming environment for our guests.
- Oversee housekeeping/janitorial staff, conduct regular inspections, communicate daily needs or special requests, and ensuring a clean campus environment in both meeting and lodging spaces.
- Interface with Vanderbilt Security, read the daily reports and communicate regularly, main logs, and ensure a safe campus environment for staff and guests.
- Communicate regularly with Sales staff regarding set-up needs for guests and groups, ensure these needs are met by our set-up staff.
- Become proficient in SBC current reservation software and interface with Urban Nashville software. Become proficient in all POS systems and capable of taking all accepted forms of payment for various services. Maintain proper records for irregular reservations including tax-exempt and long-term stays.
- Respond to guest questions, concerns, special requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when necessary. Network with area hotel/hospital contacts for reciprocal business.
- Order supplies for operational use, staying within the annual budget.
- Monitor staff performance closely and provide necessary ongoing coaching and counseling to ensure a healthy department.
- Submit all necessary payroll documents for staff in a timely manner for each biweekly payroll cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of hospitality operations.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Multi-tasker and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with multiple software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit / faith based organizations valued.
Scarritt Bennett Center is proud to offer a complete benefits package for all full-time employees. The package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 9% employer contribution to a Personal Investment Plan (PIP), Paid Time Off, and free campus parking.
How to Apply
Please visit https://scarrittbennett.org/careers/ to view our current list of open positions and submit an application.
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 08/23/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk