Director of Grants Management
Family & Children's Service
The Director of Grants Management is responsible for managing all grant and contract application and reporting activities at a large social services nonprofit with more than 20 program areas. This is a full-time position, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinates application and reporting deadlines for a large portfolio of federal, state, local, public and private grants and contracts.
- Researching, evaluating, writing, editing, assembling, and submitting of grant and report documents in collaboration with program staff members, the Chief Program Officer, CFO, CEO, and the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Ensure all applications and reports meet required criteria, are error free, and are submitted on time.
- Regular attendance and reliable transportation required.
- Maintain/Manage the grant and contract application and reporting calendar, providing detailed, timely reports to staff that includes due dates for submission
- Coordinate the grant/contract application and reporting process:
- Prospect for new grant/contract opportunities
- Review and confirm grant/contract application and reporting requirements
- Complete application and reporting documents whenever possible
- Provide relevant staff with appropriate documents and instructions for completing those documents when input is required
- Coordinate the collection of required documents
- Review and copy edit all documents for submission
- Submit all documents
- Maintain all grants management reports
- Maintain funder electronic and paper data files
- Participate in other Advancement Team activities including agency events, community outreach, direct mail, donor and volunteer meetings, and other fundraising and public relations activities
- Assist in tracking year-to-date financials and other departmental reports
- Assist the CEO and Director of Development with written correspondence, constituent relations, and other agency business as needed
- Provide assistance when needed for agency meetings, including organizing materials, setting up rooms, ordering meals, taking meeting notes, and sending notifications to attendees
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum of three years of professional grant, contract, or technical writing experience required. Experience in nonprofit grants management and federal grants or contracts strongly preferred. Proof of writing skills is required, including an excellent command of the English language, and excellent spelling and grammar skills. A basic writing test will be administered, and samples of prior grant or technical writing will be required.
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services