End Slavery Tennessee
Director of Finance and Administration
End Slavery Tennessee
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: ESTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. Since the founding, ESTN has grown to become one of the premier human trafficking survivor service agencies in the nation. On average, the agency receives over 250+ requests for service and assistance each year and maintains a total case load of over 60+ survivors living on our property or in the community. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront the crime in our state. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused around a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: COO
JOB SUMMARY: End Slavery Tennessee is hiring a Director of Finance & Administration who will perform all day-to-day finance operations of a $5.5 million budget and supervise a team of 2 staff and contract accounting firm. This position will oversee a wide variety of HR, financial, accounting, audit, cash flow, grant reporting and management, and administrative activities. The Director of Finance and Administration will work closely with executive leadership and the board of directors on the overall financial strategy for the agency’s growing financial needs.
- Maintain online services used by the organization, including Intuit/QuickBooks, PlanMyLeave, Outlook, Giving Matters, etc.
- Responsible for organization and employee insurance (workers comp, liability, auto, life, STD, LTD, Aflac, etc.) including reviewing competitive quotes annually prior to renewal.
- Complete annual workers comp audit and manages certificate of insurance requests.
- Oversee and implement 403b through Vanguard. Ensure annual census is completed, required documents are sent to staff, and Form 5500 is filed.
- Oversee human resources functions.
- Work closely with COO and HR & DEI Generalist to upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies and procedures as needed.
- Supervise the Office Coordinator and HR & DEI Generalist to maximize current team strengths, clarify roles and responsibilities, develop and oversee training plans, and assist in achieving individual and organizational goals.
- Manage and oversee IT and Security systems for the organization.
- Manage relationships with key vendors such as IT, security, audit firm, contract accountant, bank, etc.
- Complete Federal and State grant reporting and invoicing.
- Oversee payroll and fill in to process as needed.
- Complete bookkeeping through QuickBooks and work with the contract accountant to create monthly financial statements and reconcile the books.
- Oversee accounting functions including depositing checks, paying bills, and credit card management.
- Oversee all financial functions including annual financial audit, yellowbook audit, and 990 filings in partnership with external audit firm.
- Maintain and file required state and organizational filings to maintain compliance such as annual lobbyist registration, semi-annual lobbying expenditure disclosure report, TN charitable solicitation renewal, TN corporation annual report, etc.
- Work with Director of Development, COO, and CEO to create the annual budget and manage the budget on a monthly basis.
- Manage cash flow and make future projections.
- Create grant and program budgets as needed for various funding sources.
- Work with departments to educate on financials and ensure they understand their department budgets.
- Educate the board on financial standing and trends with reports, data, and analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and analysis for executive leadership and board as well as bi-monthly financial board reports.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial policy and with funding requirements,
All positions at ESTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at ESTN.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Most work performed while sitting and on the computer, phone and face to face with clients. Occasional car travel required.
- Office Coordinator
- HR & DEI Generalist
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CPA, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role.
- Experience working in a non-profit preferred.
- Thorough understanding of finance, budgeting, cash flow, and human resources.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with staff and board.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data to problem solve and implement effective program management.
- Experience in grants management and reporting, annual audits, and budget creation.
- People-oriented with ability to relate well to diverse populations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize efficiently, and deal well with interruption and changes.
- Strengths based leadership and team management experience.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors and employees
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications, including strong knowledge of Excel.
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, ESTN’s board of directors and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team along with the ability to delegate accordingly.
- Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
HOURS: 40 hours per week, typically 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday. Willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as required to accomplish the job.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $64,000-$72,000 annual salary based on a combination of education and experience
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy.
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and dependent on annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position.
PO Box 160069 Nashville, TN 37216-0069
**End Slavery Tennessee recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: October 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 11/07/2022
- Salary Range: 64000-72000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm