TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Director of Event Management
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections for the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
- Provides leadership in strategic and organizational planning, assists in policy development and administration, provides counsel and guidance on management and administrative issues and process to department heads and other staff.
- Serves as the primary liaison between clients, promoters, and resident companies as it pertains to schedules, events, rules and regulations, standard operating procedures and more to ensure a successful operation.
- Serves as direct supervisor of Event Management Department and Event Operations Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works closely with the VP of Event Operations on the selection process for contract personnel, services, and activities in assigned areas of responsibility as required to assure that satisfactory and acceptable performance standards, specifications, material and labor costs, work schedules, etc. are maintained. Authorizes payment for contracted services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Develops contract bid specifications for services, negotiate rates, and supervises contract compliance by vendors, conducting an annual review process of their work.
- Cultivates a high performing team that partners with all TPAC Departments and works well together internally and is empowered to make decisions; encourages a culture of openness and fairness continuously striving towards improved, timely, and sensitive communications and team performance to fulfill goals and objectives.
- Partners with internal department heads to maintain a close and supportive relationships with an understanding of how each department contributes to a successful event.
- Support the Education Department’s schedule of events, programs and initiatives including the assignment of event managers to Education events.
- Partner with external entities such as the State of Tennessee and their entities, such as JLL and Walden Security as well as third party providers such as Axis, Comprehensive, Premier Parking, Service Management Group and I.A.T.S.E., etc.
- Oversees and manages parking opportunities for guests and staff that includes the Premier Parking Agreement for Valet Services and serves as liaison with the State of TN for staff parking lots and shuttles.
- Supports VP of Event Operations with Building Manager on Duty Program and a core member of the Safety Committee.
- Provides input to long range planning for items affecting the operation of the center.
- In coordination with the COO and all Event Operation departments maintains and monitors five year major building maintenance plan with the State of Tennessee.
- Supervises routine and specialized capital improvement projects planning, assigning, and directing work through the Event Operations Manager and in conjunction with the Director of Building Operations.
- Responsible for the development, oversight, and administration of detailed operating and capital budgets for all units within the department. Is responsible for internal allocation, capital funding expenditure approval and financial success of the department and individual projects.
- Oversee and perform various types of settlements including multi performances and producing a profit & loss statement.
- Manages this process with direct reports and monitors status.
- Daily monitors any revenue pieces through appropriate reports.
- Monitors daily expenses through PO’s & payroll approvals and monthly monitoring through thorough review of financials received from the Business Office.
- Appraises performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
Essential Functions and Working Conditions
The functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Physical: Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Dexterity, Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time
- Mental: Understanding & writing simple written/verbal communications, Analysis/Problem Solving, Judgement/Decision Making, Spatial Awareness, Basic Math Skills
- Work Environment: Shift work, Works with others, independent work, Verbal Communication, Face to Face Contact
- Physical: Lifting/Moves/Transports 50 lbs., Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping
- Work Environment: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures, Loud Environment, working with flashing lights, Working in the dark, remote work potential.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our job portal
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture