Tennessee Health Care Campaign
Director of Enrollment Services – Principal Insurance Agent
Tennessee Health Care Campaign
This position directs the Insure All Tennessee program of the Tennessee Health Care Campaign. Insure All Tennessee is a health access hub where any resident of the state of Tennessee can access information and enrollment assistance with health coverage options including TennCare, CoverKids, Healthcare.gov Marketplace, and other community resources. We maintain a toll-free enrollment hotline and website. https://insurealltn.com/
Insure All Tennessee is the State’s premier nonprofit insurance agency. For over a decade, THCC staff and volunteers have assisted Tennesseans in TennCare and ACA Marketplace enrollment. In 2020 we became a non-profit insurance agency.
The Director of Enrollment Services reports to the Executive Director of the Tennessee Health Care Campaign, In addition to providing consumer enrollment and support services, the director maintains relationships with Insurance Carriers, the Bureau of TennCare, and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, supervises other enrollment staff, trains volunteers, delivers monthly reports on program metrics, and assists the Executive Director with outreach and program grant applications.
The Director of Enrollment Services supervises a staff of 3 in enrollment and outreach. The Director of Enrollment Services will train and monitor staff and volunteers, inspire excellence and continuous quality improvement in client satisfaction and services. The position directs program outreach and marketing, with a special emphasis on serving customers who need insurance in underserved communities.
The Director of Enrollment Services builds alliances and referral networks with community organizations and health care service providers. The Director of Enrollment Services will meet regularly with TennCare to resolve client problems and serves as the principal agent representing the agency with Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance and Insurance Carriers.
This position requires direct client contact in person (in accordance with current safety protocols) and over the phone to provide health insurance education, outreach, enrollment, and referral. Staff works remotely from home, but travel for outreach, direct supervision and training, and special enrollment events is required.
- Two years experience selling health insurance, Federal marketplace experience strongly preferred.
- Applicants with a minimum of two years experience as a Navigator may be considered with the understanding that the applicant must take the Tennessee Insurance Pre-License course and pass the Tennessee Insurance License Exam prior to employment. THCC offers a $500 signing bonus with proof of licensure.
- Two years supervisory experience and experience training insurance agents or navigators
- In-depth understanding of ACA insurance coverage and TennCare eligibility
- Advanced knowledge of federal regulations and best practices of insurance
- Project management and organization skills
- Solid listening and communication skills.
- Ability to respond professionally and calmly to complex and challenging situations.
- Ability to work with clients with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, religious views, lifestyles and sexual orientation and to treat individuals with respect and dignity
- Strong ethical standards regarding protection of client personal information.
- Strong organizational skills; Computer skills and data entry required.
- Ensure client satisfaction with service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience working with immigrant populations and low-income communities preferred.
Flexible hours, work from home with some required outreach travel
Paid time off including vacation, holidays, sick leave.
Mileage, cell phone and health insurance stipends
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Tennessee Health Care Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. Black, Latino/a, Immigrants, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQI Community and people with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: May 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/16/2022
- Working Hours: Full time position, remote work from home position with some evening and weekend hours