Director of Donor Relations
The Director of Donor Relations creates, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to assist the Office of Advancement in reaching its strategic fundraising goals for Lipscomb University. The scope of work includes promoting a culture of gratitude across the University through donor engagement, donor recognition, stewardship and strategic communications. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Advancement.
- Develops, implements, and leads a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined by the Office of Advancement. Ensures donors are acknowledged, appreciated and recognized to strengthen their financial support for the University. Manages donor society events, installation of endowed positions, and building naming dedications.
- Acts as a liaison and specialist to advancement personnel to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance to individual donors and prospects.
- Oversees and directs the creation and implementation of strategic communications in multiple mediums in a timely fashion. This will include, but not be limited to, social media posts, e-blasts, year-end-reminders, endowment reports, gift acknowledgements, web pages, invitations, newsletter updates, fundraising campaign materials, and the coordination of press announcements.
- Develops and maintains a campus-wide inventory of donor recognition named spaces and suggested donations.
- Ensures donor special events are communicated and on the calendar of appropriate officials and targeted guests.
- Creates innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors; ensures the external reporting to donors on endowments.
- Manages and coordinates any campaign-related kick-offs and celebration events.
- May supervise staff and student workers.
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Coordinates with donors, advancement personnel, the Senior Vice President for Advancement, the Office of General Counsel and the Business Office to ensure gifts are properly documented and set up for administration and stewardship.
- Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgments, including receipts, thank you letters, pledge statements and endowment reports.
- Works closely with advancement personnel to report to donors on the use of gifts, to arrange meetings between donors and beneficiaries if appropriate, and to help celebrate gifts.
- Develops and uses metrics to measure Donor Relations’ impact on advancement goals and creates an annual Donor Relations business plan to expand the impact of the program.
- Works with the Office of General Counsel, the Office of Financial Aid, and other offices to ensure donor intent is being met in the expenditure of funds and, when needed, gains donor consent for the re-purposing of funds.
Education: Bachelors’ degree
Experience: 5-7 years
Job Related Skills:
- Commitment to the University and its mission, programs, and future aspirations
- Strong, collaborative, energetic individual with a deep personal commitment to the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills and an appreciation and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with University representatives, parents, students, alumni, donors and representatives of the business community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, warmly develops relationships with diverse constituencies, and simultaneously employs keen judgment
Information regarding benefits to be provided at a later time.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://lipscomb.peopleadmin.com/postings/8578
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education