My Friend's House
Director of Development and Fundraising
My Friend's House
We are seeking a development and fundraising professional, preferably with ten years of nonprofit fundraising experience, knowledge of annual funds, capital campaigns, establishing planned giving programs, and oversees a comprehensive marketing plan. Experience managing finances in a business or nonprofit setting, as well as maintaining records for filing annual 990 and audit. Must be able to work in a team environment and inspire staff through effective leadership. Competent in making presentations and public speaking.
- Reports to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and is evaluated annually by the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
- Works jointly as Co-Director with the Executive Program Director.
- Ensures the financial viability of the organization by supervising the accounting and budgeting for MFH; monitors income and expenses, and maintains adequate financial resources for the organization. Secures CPA firm for annual audits and filing required IRS 990 Form.
- Develops and oversees fundraising by creating and implementing a detailed development plan that includes, writing grants, cultivating new donors, and stewarding existing donors.
- Supervises, evaluates and coaches the Marketing Manager and Accounting/Database Coordinator.
- Coordinates a large fundraising event for up to 350 patrons, which includes event planning, bringing in corporate sponsors and soliciting volunteers to help raise funds.
- Responsible for working with the Marketing Manager to create a positive image in the community through effective communication tools such as website, emails, press releases, newsletters, social media, and annual fund mailings.
- Supports the Board of Directors and committees of the Board by assisting with the organization of meetings and keeping accurate records.
- Serves as MFH’s key spokesperson and visible ambassador to increase public awareness of the organization and its programs and services.
- Recruits community volunteers and develops a strong volunteer program with the Marketing Manager.
- Ensures the facilities are maintained and operated successfully according to standards created by DCS, Franklin Building Codes, the Franklin Marshall and the TN Health Department. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors that provide services and repair to the home and grounds
- Responsible for managing all benefits for employees and educating employees on available mental, dental, vision benefits. Seeks out new benefit opportunities to offer staff. Manages insurance on home, vehicles and liability policies.
- Guides the organization in identifying new opportunities and leads the staff and Board in implementing new fundraising and strategic planning.
- Attends all DCS required trainings and keeps up to date on licensure requirements.
- Serves as a back-up to the Executive Program Director when absent and supports the direct care staff and residents when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in institutional advancement, marketing, accounting or other related degree.
- Ten years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Knowledge of annual funds and capital campaigns, establishing planned giving programs, and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan
Health and dental benefits are available.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kevin Hacker at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/18/2021
- Salary Range: $50 - $70K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm