Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation
Director of Development and Communications
Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation
The AOII Foundation is seeking to hire Director of Development and Communications. The job will be divided 70% development and 30% communications. This position will be responsible for executing the Foundation’s communication strategy and driving revenue through direct mail campaign, giving days and donor recognition programs. The Director of Development and Communications will manage e-communications, direct mail, and social media. The goal is to help educate our members, foster positive experiences, support the Foundation staff, and ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support. This individual will be a team player, supporting various members of the Foundation staff on specific projects and activities. This is a full-time position with benefits and is remote work capable.
- Overall Revenue goal of $250,000 to be achieved through Giving Days, Direct Mail, as well as a portfolio of donors
- Develop and implement an annual communication and marketing plan to execute across multiple channels, including, but not limited to, direct mail, social media, online, and events
- Manage direct mail program to sustain and drive revenue of $120,000 with expenses of $75,000
- Execute giving days to drive revenue ($100,000), brand loyalty and online engagement
- Manage donor recognition programs (annual and lifetime programs) with revenue goals
- Create and manage stewardship activities for donors in recognition programs
- Supervise, manage, and approve (and when necessary, develop and produce) all electronic and print communications, from newsletters and direct mail to videos and social media campaigns
- Responsible for writing, editing, and distributing communications including newsletters, scripts, Foundation articles in To Dragma, Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity’s magazine.
- Ensure that Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation’s marketing and communications efforts are consistent and aligned with branding and marketing guidelines
- Recruit, develop and manage volunteers to support various initiatives
- Serve as staff liaison to the marketing and development committee of the board
- Manage vendor relationships for direct mail, branded items (stationary, giveaways, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit or related field; experience in communications, development, or sales required.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to communicate effectively through a variety of channels, including social media and public speaking, are required
- History of meeting financial goals and deadlines and an ability to manage multiple priorities and think strategically is essential
- Must be a self-starter, energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities ranging from the routine to the highly visible
- Candidate should have a strong work ethic and an understanding that evening and weekend work, and occasional overnight travel is required to be successful
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate will collaborate with multiple team members, across departments and interface with volunteer leaders and diverse personalities. Candidate must value all of these stakeholders and recognize their collective importance to achieving organizational success.
- Volunteer management and recruitment experience is essential
- Experience with Raisers Edge and Canva preferred
- Membership in a Fraternal organization preferred
Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation offers medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off and other benefits.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Salary Range: 70000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F