Legal Aid Society
Director of Development
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual to manage the Organization’s fundraising strategy. With the goal of fostering a culture of deep-rooted philanthropy and advocacy, the Director of Development will manage all aspects of the annual fundraising campaign, as well as create and execute annual development strategies to increase support from new and existing donors. The Director of Development is also responsible for the planning, organization, and execution of all donor events, annual fundraising, board solicitations, communication efforts and other fundraising projects directed towards donors.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of annual fundraising campaign, including timeline development and execution, production of campaign materials, supervision of volunteers, publicity and reporting.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of any additional LAS campaigns, including, but not limited to, endowments, capital and/or planned-giving.
- Formulate and implement strategies to encourage consistent growth in new and existing fundraising and development initiatives, such as employee-giving, annual campaign and fundraising event participation.
- Researches and recommends new fundraising techniques in response to changes in the campaign and general fundraising environment
- Build and manage a pipeline of donors and prospects including individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Plan, execute and provide leadership for the organization’s annual fundraising- and donor-recognition events, including managing logistics, timelines and event solicitations.
- Recruit sponsors, participants and volunteers for fundraising events and activities.
- Track all contributions and in-kind donations received by the organization.
- Maintain all fundraising systems and processes, including gift acknowledgement, reporting and database management.
- Research and identify potential major donors, planned gifts and future campaign leadership, and assist with developing solicitation strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in fundraising or equivalent combination of academic and professional experience in goal-oriented environments.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Organized and inspiring team leader.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Fundraising software.
- Experience in Public Speaking
Salary: Dependent on experience. Comprehensive Benefits Package.
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and three references (with phone numbers). No phone calls, please. Send by mail or e-mail (in Word or PDF format) to:
Re: Director of Development
Legal Aid Society
1321 Murfreesboro Rd, Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37217
Apply as soon as possible. Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. 2/20/2020
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other