Director of Development
Renewal House is seeking a full-time Director of Development to oversee the implementation of all development activities of the agency, including fundraising, donor relations, events, grants management, community engagement, public relations, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in generating revenue. Candidates will be able to effectively manage employees to successfully meet fundraising and engagement goals. This candidate should have prior experience with successful fundraising, event management, managing a donor database, and utilizing marketing tools. This position is an integral part of the agency’s leadership team and must be committed to working in a team to ensure goals are met. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a diverse workload with efficiency and flexibility. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, this may be a good fit for you!
About Renewal House
Renewal House is a comprehensive substance use recovery community for women and their children, which includes family residential services for pregnant and parenting women, licensed intensive outpatient, and recovery support services. Renewal House is committed to providing high-quality services to help families recover together. This fast-paced work environment offers an opportunity to positively impact our community.
- Work with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Board Development Committee to create and implement regular fundraising strategies including donor identification, cultivation, and solicitation plans.
- Supervise development staff to reach agency fundraising and community engagement goals.
- Oversee all agency fundraising including event planning, annual fund campaigns, direct-mail appeals, other fundraising campaigns, and individual and corporate solicitations.
- Develop and sustain donor relationships and agency partnerships.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping for all development information.
- Increase awareness of Renewal House through management of community engagement activities, marketing activities, social media activities, and website management.
- Serve as primary contact for site visits, agency tours, and media requests as needed.
- Manage the volunteer program.
- Oversee the entire grants management process.
- Must be flexible, a team player, and goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Solid background in fundraising, event planning, marketing, communications, and managing staff.
- Ability to effectively use CRM software. Raisers Edge experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations and materials suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work well under pressure.
- Shows initiative and is proactive in seeking opportunities.
Renewal House is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. In addition to base pay, Renewal House offers a generous paid time off policy, medical insurance (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer); short term disability; life insurance; IRA payment matching (up to 3% of salary); and potential annual bonuses and merit-based pay increases.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: February 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services