Director of Development
Are you a fundraising rockstar looking to join an organization with loads of untapped opportunity on the horizon? Would work-from-home flexibility give you the peace and calm you need to be your best, most creative self? Do you have the energy and skills needed to help TNSTEP serve even more families in need of assistance in the area of special education? If so, we want to hear from you.
TNSTEP is hiring its first-ever full-time Director of Development.
We’re a small non-profit with a BIG, statewide impact. TNSTEP has served over 30 years as Tennessee’s federally-funded Parent Training and Information Center for parents/caregivers of children with special education needs. TNSTEP is recognized as a leader among the nation’s nearly 100 parent centers.
And because you’re a fundraiser looking for unique programs to brag about to funders, you’ll be excited to learn that we are launching youth-focused, even youth-led programs, that help prepare our families for life after high school. You’ll want to know all about that!
- We are a small staff – personal and friendly.
- We are family-focused (including our own!) and believe in work-life balance.
- We are deeply committed to advancing equity and inclusion for all families in TN!
The fundraiser chosen for this position will have infectious energy, a great personality, a knack for collaboration, obvious creativity, and a heart for children and youth with disabilities.
Because this is the beginning of TNSTEP’s big fundraising and development push, this is an exciting opportunity to let your creativity and innovation run free. Our intention is for this position to grow with TNSTEP. This job will be challenging and exciting for the right person looking to get out there and help us expand our efforts. And let’s face it, you’re awesome–so we’ll get there in no time!
This position offers work-from-home flexibility but requires in-person meetings and attendance at fundraisers and community events as an essential part of the job. TNSTEP has office space and meeting rooms in its East Nashville office available for use. Some travel is required.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan
- Identify, write, and submit grant proposals
- Manage online giving campaigns and in-person fundraising events from creation to completion
- Grow revenue from individual donors, private foundations, and corporate partnerships
- Planning and holding one large-scale, in-person fundraising event by the end of your second year
- Form authentic and longstanding relationships with donors, funders, corporate sponsors, and collaborators to support the organization’s mission and vision
- Create/maintain a positive, respectful reputation for the organization
- Review and expand the current gift recognition program
- Work with the Director of Communications to highlight the contribution of major donors/funders
Team Work and Reporting
- Support TNSTEP’s mission by serving on committees that occasionally meet in the evening
- Openness to provide training or occasionally speak on behalf of TNSTEP to other Parent Training and Information Centers regarding Fund Development
- Engage staff and board in online giving and in-person fundraising events
- Proven ability to increase cash flow and develop new fundraising strategies to ensure ongoing and sustainable revenue
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Time management and flexibility with job duties
- Passion for TNSTEP’s mission
- Commitment to the practice of equity and inclusion in the workplace and within our community
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 3+ years of proven experience in non-profit fundraising
- Industry certification or a related college degree preferred
- Moderate to high level of ease working in major social media platforms, Microsoft programs, Zoom, and Data Collection programs
- Donor & Fundraising Software management expertise
- Preferred: Experience with Canva and email marketing platforms
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based on a 30-35 hour work week. The salary starts at $46,800 DOE.
The benefits package includes health insurance (80% employer paid); 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, 12+ days of sick leave, 12+ days of annual leave, and 8 hours of VTO to allow team members to volunteer for causes they care about.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a donor communication sample (solicitation letter, appreciation letter, campaign support request, etc.) in PDF to email@example.com with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We want to hear about your most successful experience in development and why you want to work with TNSTEP.
TNSTEP welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity is reflected in our diverse staff and board. TNSTEP is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. TNSTEP recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Parents and caregivers of children with disabilities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $46,800 DOE
- Working Hours: 30 - 35/Flexible - Some nights and Weekends