Director of Development
eduKenya is a 501c3 based in Nashville, TN and Nairobi, Kenya. eduKenya is a movement of people that are driven by the love of Christ to have an impact on the world. It is a catalyst for change in a community languishing in abject poverty.
Our services are focused on the Mathare community in Nairobi, an area of 600,000 people who are underserved, with very little access to public education, or basic social services. eduKenya offers an opportunity for the people of Mathare to break the cycle of poverty and transform their own community through the purposeful, transformative education of the next generation.
Based in Metro Nashville, the Director of Development is responsible for the organization’s annual development fund plan and steward relationships advocates and donors. The Development Director will drive all fundraising strategies for eduKenya, collaborating with organizational leaders, volunteers, and board members to achieve revenue goals.
Cultivate Donor Relationships and Increase Fundraising Revenue
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, this staff member will have primary responsibility for eduKenya’s annual development fund
- This development staff member will be responsible for a portfolio of donors, which includes the retention and/or upgrade of donors and the acquisition of new ones
- The Development Director will be responsible for achieving quarterly revenue targets by engaging donors in meaningful relationships. The primary areas of focus are individual giving and major gifts. Other revenue strategies may include but are not limited to student sponsorships, corporate gifts, foundations, and new church partners
- Regarding grants, this person will manage foundation relationships for existing partners and new partners
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations Coordinator to create a stewardship process for eduKenya advocates and donors
- Collaborate with the Development colleagues in Kenya to maximize donors’ experience with eduKenya
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of computer software programs specifically designed to facilitate accurate donor and prospect information
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts within the community; this includes businesses, civic groups, churches, and philanthropic prospects; identify potential fundraising opportunities within these groups and recommend a course of action
- Must align with the mission, vision, and values of eduKenya
- Hold a bachelor’s degree; relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of nonprofit experience or in a related industry. Experience in individual giving and/or major gifts is preferred. In lieu of fundraising experience, sales or account management experience in other industries will be considered
- This person must be a self-starter and goal driven
- Must be able to analyze data and build short/long-term strategic plans
- Must be able to build relationships and donor-centric partnerships
- Ability to steward donor relationships and co-lead donor trips to Kenya
- Strong collaborator
- Google Suite Proficiency and the ability to use reporting software (Kindful, Donor Search)
How to Apply
All interested candidates should contact Bright Street Solutions, a placement firm working on behalf of eduKenya.
- Date Posted: January 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 02/13/2023
- Salary Range: 70,000-75,000 annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk (remote)