Gilda's Club Middle Tennessee
Director of Development
Gilda's Club Middle Tennessee
Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee’s mission is to ensure all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community.
Job Description for Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for managing all aspects of revenue development, enabling Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee to provide its cancer support program at no charge to Middle Tennesseans. This is a full-time position and reports directly to the CEO.
Purpose of Position:
To secure funds for Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee by managing a group of assigned, qualified individual, corporate and foundation donors, assuring as many as possible are retained as continuing donors and upgraded in their giving and involvement. To foster the growth of fundraising best practices, as measured by donor stewardship and retention, fundraising achievement, and effective communication with donors and the community about the measurable impact of our work for people affected by cancer.
- Fosters a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- Develops and implements an annual fundraising plan, including individual giving, employee giving, monthly sustainers, planned giving, foundation requests, corporate sponsorships, special events, and third-party events.
- Oversees the Development revenue budget, special event budgets, cash projections, and all aspects of fundraising.
- Leads staff and volunteers in fundraising cycle best practices and relationship management.
- Leads the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, as well as various special event committees. Engages volunteers in relationship and revenue development.
- Educates and enlists the Board and committee members to build and strengthen donor relationships.
- Oversees the grants process, including procurement of new grants, grant-writing and follow-up with public and private entities.
- Plans and executes, with staff and volunteer support, annual fundraising events, including Red Door Bash gala and Gilda’s Club Golf Classic golf tournament.
- Engages in major gift solicitation and creates solicitation opportunities for President and CEO and Board.
- Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development, including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, and gift processing and recognition. Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Oversees and provides staff support for Associate Board young professionals’ group, supporting its fundraising, marketing, and awareness-building efforts.
- Works closely with Director of Finance, Director of Marketing, and CEO.
- Supervises part-time Development Associate.
Bachelor’s degree required. Fundraising professional, who is an effective communicator and resourceful problem-solver, and who has demonstrated initiative, optimism, and high achievement. A successful candidate is a self-starter, who is organized and can manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Five+ years of fundraising experience, including major gift solicitations, and demonstrated success securing five-figure gifts.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends, as needed. Goal to spend approximately 40% of time out-of-office meeting with donors/funders.
- Demonstrated analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities, and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively to achieve common organizational goals.
- Experience managing volunteers, supervising staff, and creating fundraising opportunities and follow up for President and CEO.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability in grant writing, grants management, and compliance.
- Proficiency utilizing database, donor management, and event software. GCMT’s current CRM is Donor Perfect.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to respond and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
Why People Enjoy Working for Us
- Medical, dental and vision plans for which employee premiums are paid in full by GCMTN
- Term life insurance with premiums paid by GCMTN
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 403b pre-tax retirement savings vehicle
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Annual allowance for professional development
Why People REALLY Enjoy Working for Us
- We’re a mission-driven team changing lives in important ways.
- We get to see the impact we’re having daily through interactions with members.
- We have an engaged and passionate Board of Directors, and amazing volunteers who are relentless in supporting our work.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Harriet Schiftan, President and CEO of GCMT, email@example.com or 1707 Division Street, Nashville, TN 37203
- Date Posted: June 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development