Director of Development
Do you love music, public radio and doing good in our community? If you answered yes and have fundraising experience WMOT Roots Radio, a listener-supported, public radio station playing Americana music and broadcasting in 41 counties in Middle Tennessee is looking for a Director of Development to manage all aspects of listener support.
WMOT is licensed to Middle Tennessee State University and is part of the NPR Music family.
The Director of Development will grow and manage all aspects of listener support efforts, including the planning and execution of on-air drives, a major gifts program, renewal letter campaigns and communications.
· Manage donor records and financial transactions using the fundraising database.
· Collaborate with the Administrative Coordinator on research leading to the creation and execution of strategies and programs that increase individual contributors (membership).
· Establish and maintain rapport with active membership base using cost effective station marketing and promotion including email, letter campaigns, and social media
· Plan and manage bi-annual on-air fundraising drives and any approved supplemental campaigns ie: end of year, end of fiscal year.
· Create training and organize all support structures for the drives; this includes business support in the form of on-air drive matches and in-kind donations, volunteers, food, messaging, and accurately tracking gifts
· Works with WMOT Executive Director on annual fundraising calendar, digital/off-air campaigns and stewardship initiatives including building relationships with major donors
· Travel up to 2 days a week per month for major gift prospect visits
· Communicate projections and actuals to WMOT Executive Director
· Day-to-day management of the department including customer service for membership-based inquiries and ongoing reconciliation of funds taken in as reflected by the station’s membership software.
· Attend and work membership/promotions crew at WMOT events including Wired In, AmericanaFest, and Roots on the Rivers
· All other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree and four years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
· Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
· Strong sales and marketing skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently in a dynamic environment
You’ll be preferred if you have:
· Experience in non-profit fundraising
· Experience producing copy for digital, print and broadcast
· Proficiency with spreadsheets, data entry and social media management
· Experience with Allegiance Fundraising database software
Benefits with this full-time position are through Middle Tennessee State University and the State of Tennessee. You can read more about the full benefits on our MTSU benefits page.
How to Apply
Apply online at Middle Tennessee State University Jobs
- Date Posted: June 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/22/2022
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Working Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm M-F