Director Of Development
Reports to the Executive Director
This is an in person opportunity only, local to Pleasant View, TN.
REBOOT Recovery (REBOOT) is a Christian faith-based non-profit 501(c)3 organization that exists to help people overcome trauma through small group courses around the world.
EXPLANATION OF DUTIES
Our organization will be able to serve more hurting families with an exceptional Director of Development who will strengthen our organization and increase the impact of our work by building a broad base of support from individuals, foundations and corporations. Reporting to the Executive Director and supported by the Communications Coordinator, the Director of Development will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise funds for REBOOT effectively and efficiently. Duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, maintaining communications with donors and patrons and collaborating with staff to effectively execute fundraising events.
The most important characteristic of our Development Director is that they are a strategic self-starter, who is personally committed to our mission to help hurting families heal by applying Christian faith-based principles. They hold to the highest ethical standards in fundraising and are able to passionately and articulately communicate the REBOOT narrative.
The Development Director is an excellent written and oral communicator who writes and speaks clearly and concisely. He or she quickly builds rapport with people and excels in all aspects of the development pipeline including prospecting, proposal creation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding donors. He or she is detail-oriented, an excellent time manager, and is self-motivated and able to work remotely or with limited in-person oversight. He or she must display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
DEFINITION OF SUCCESS
Success will be measured by execution of the Development Plan to include goals for revenue growth, expansion of the donor base, development of new corporate partnerships and by work that is characterized by the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Stay knowledgeable of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the department, leading the development team and its initiatives to cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors
- Research and write charitable grant proposals and collaborate with Operations Director to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships and improve donor upgrade strategies
- Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness for the fundraising program
- Implement organizational and regional fundraising goals and campaigns in accordance with the Development Plan to ensure significant and sustained contribution growth
- Solicit major gifts in one-on-one meetings with donors or in conjunction with other staff and board members
- Ensure that all donor information and gifts are recorded and that the donation acknowledgement process is efficient and timely
- Provide counsel and guidance on the organization’s communications and marketing from a donor perspective
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all fundraising solicitations to include social media
- Collaborate with Events Committee to achieve event goals that focus on effective fundraising and long-term relationships
- Work directly with the Operations Director on forecasting and and monitoring revenue/expenses
- Answer donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion
- 3-5 years of experience in professional fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills. Writing sample required
- Demonstrated success in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising
- Experience in motivating staff, board members and other volunteers
- Knowledge of nonprofit budgeting and revenue forecasting
- Knowledge of Donor database systems, Apple pages and Google docs
- Salery range – 70-80K
- Health insurance available
How to Apply
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Date Posted: June 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 70-80K
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week