Friends of Warner Parks
Director of Development
Friends of Warner Parks
The Director of Development is responsible for creating and implementing the fundraising strategy for the organization, including ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship, grant proposals and administration, and executing strategic fundraising initiatives for all individual, foundation, and corporate prospects. The position requires a strategic thinker, synthesizer, and networker who is committed to supporting the mission of Friends of Warner Parks (FOWP).
Responsible for managing and supporting the fundraising efforts of FOWP. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of all fundraising initiatives. A successful candidate will develop and steward existing and new individual, foundation, and corporate partners.
- Work collaboratively with the President to set and meet fundraising goals for the organization.
- Develop an annual Fundraising Plan to meet the goals and revenue objectives approved by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of individual donors, grantors, corporate sponsors, and board of directors.
- Work with President and board members to identify and recruit significant donors and build ongoing relationship that benefit the organization.
- Maintain an accurate and current donor database; responsible for donor lists and analytics.
- Develop, write, and present proposals to individual donors, grantors, and corporate sponsors.
- Lead donor cultivation efforts for signature fundraising event, Sunday in the Park.
- Build relationships with potential donors.
- Manage and grow unrestricted revenues.
- Promote Planned Giving Program.
- Pursue creative giving opportunities, including Tribute giving and Restricted Fund giving.
- Pursue partnerships for merchants/vendors and sales outlets for merchandise.
- Develop a comprehensive calendar of fundraising initiatives.
- Support President and Board of Directors in achieving Capital Campaign goals.
- Ensure timely and professional donor communications.
- Lead the follow-up process on corporate sponsorship and grant deliverables, deadlines, and requirements.
- Assist with all FOWP events.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the FOWP mission.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years minimum experience in non-profit administration and/or fundraising
- Database management and reporting skills
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
- Experience in community networking, human resources, organizational development, or non-profit administration
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal day-to-day supervision, and as a member of a small, supportive team
- Ability to work in a variety of settings, including a shared office environment and outdoors in extreme weather
This position is full-time with bi-monthly salary payments commensurate with experience. Position includes generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter explaining their qualifications to Jane Avinger: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00am - 5:00pm