The New Beginnings Center
Director of Development
The New Beginnings Center
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of The New Beginnings Center’s fundraising including, major gifts, Donor Society, planned giving, monthly giving, special events, capital campaigns, and grants. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. Additionally, the Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all external marketing and communications including, media outlet outreach, social media planning, client and donor communications, testimonials, and videos, quarterly newsletters, etc. We are a small, but mighty team that is in the midst of expanding so you may be asked to wear many hats outside your normal day-to-day duties.
- Create a plan for connecting with prospective and current donors on a continual basis to establish effective relationships with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Grow the monthly giving program including marketing plans and donor follow up plans.
- Work with the Development Committee to coordinate, implement, and manage 5 annual fundraising events (Wine Event, Spirit of Wellness Luncheon, Giving Tuesday, Applause, and The Big Payback) and develop new campaigns to generate additional revenue.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Work with the Marketing Committee to create and implement social media content, website updates, earned media outreach, marketing materials for fundraising events, and other related activities.
- Develop content for quarterly newsletters and send to appropriate groups.
- Manage fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Maintain gift recognition program.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of The New Beginnings Center – to provide a place where women – whatever their age, race, background, or income – can discover the strength in themselves, inside and out, and become the healthiest they can be through individualized, world-class coaching in fitness, nutrition, and behavior change.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven individual who is able to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be hyper-organized and exhibit attention to detail and follow through on all tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
- Have a bachelor’s degree; preferably a master’s degree.
- Have 2+ years of experience in professional fundraising.
4 weeks paid vacation/sick leave
401k matching program
Stipend for health benefits
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Karen Gillingham, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 10/05/2020
- Salary Range: $40,000-$48,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 430pm