Director of Development
The CASA Director of Development is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive development program with a strong focus on major gifts cultivation, corporate partnerships, direct mail campaigns, planned giving and grants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement annual fundraising plan supportive of overall agency goals
- Implement development activities including major gift solicitation, corporate, direct mail, foundations, grant writing and planned giving
- Develop and strengthen donor relationships through identification, cultivation and stewardship
- Personally cultivate and solicit a portfolio of at least 25 new individuals and corporations
- Work with volunteers, including board and advisory board members, in identifying, contacting, and soliciting prospective donors
- Achieve annual targets, as agreed upon with the Executive Director, in number of solicitation visits, number of new and renewed donors, and dollars raised
- Compose written communications – letters, proposals, etc. – to aid in cultivating, stewarding and soliciting prospects
- Develop and implement a marketing and public relations plan in conjunction with Marketing Committee
- Work with board members to maximize board involvement in fund-raising efforts, including setting fund-raising goals, establishing fund-raising plan, developing fund-raising strategies, training and utilizing the board in fund-raising efforts
- Provide staff support and leadership to the Development and Marketing Committees
- Work in conjunction with grant writer to manage grant applications and calendar
- Ensure grant outcome reporting information is properly captured, recorded, and submitted to grantors and leadership.
- Develop departmental budget and monitor throughout year
- Actively participate as member of senior leadership team
- Organize and manage capital campaigns as needed
- Work in conjunction with Development Manager in maintaining an accurate constituent database
- Manage and support CASA fundraising events
- Participate in community functions to increase awareness of CASA as requested
- Assist Executive Director with various other duties as requested.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to fundraising and development (i.e., marketing, business, communications) required. Masters Degree Preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit development preferred. CFRE preferred. Very strong written and verbal communication and great interpersonal skills required.
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Email resume and salary requirements to:
- Date Posted: June 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 DOE