Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Director of Corporate Relations & Distinguished Events
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
JOB TITLE: Director of Corporate Relations & Distinguished Events
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, salary
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality, innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
WE ARE AN AGENCY THAT CELEBRATES DIFFERENCES
We show each other dignity through our partnerships, decisions, and language. We intentionally engage, represent, and partner with our diverse communities. We demonstrate our values by learning together with staff, board, volunteers, youth, families, and investors to think and act with sensitivity and intentionality. Driven by the voice of our stakeholders, our agency develops responsive and respectful programming and builds strategic and thoughtful alliances.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members brings unique perspectives and skills, and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN, you will be inspired by talented, passionate colleagues who will motivate you to do and be your best. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
The Director of Corporate Relations & Distinguished Events (DCRDE) will report to and work in close collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to design and execute a comprehensive development strategy for BBBSMT. This person will oversee and execute our corporate partnerships strategy, which includes comprehensive campaigns, employee engagement, sponsorship, and stewardship. Within the scope of corporate relations, the DCRDE will work with the Director of Recruitment & Community Engagement to solidify volunteer information sessions for corporate employees. The DCRDE will work with the Development Coordinator to create and implement a comprehensive annual giving and stewardship plan for BBBSMT, which includes corporate and individual donors. The fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, and programming (i.e. Annual Breakfast, Golfing for Kids’ Sake, Big For A Day, etc.) that build and engage the BBBSMT donor base in each of the following campaign areas: quarterly appeals, monthly giving, a stewardship plan, and an event plan. This person will also work with the Development Coordinator (direct report) and Operations Team to ensure the effective administration of annual gifts through acknowledgment letters, recognition of donors, and the delivery of any necessary reports and communications, such as pledge reminders, to appropriate constituents.
The DCRDE will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to help set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee’s (BBBSMT) mission.
Additionally, we are planning to hire a Senior Manager or Associate Director of Major Gifts at the start of our 2023-2024 fiscal year. This person will lead our affluent Individual Donor portfolio and lean in heavily with our Annual Breakfast. The DCRDE will directly manage this person.
Day to day:
- Create and manage a comprehensive annual giving plan for new and current corporate partners and top individual donors
- Craft and implement in partnership with our marketing & communications team each of our quarterly appeal campaigns.
- Create and implement strategies to maximize monthly giving from our existing and new donors.
- Create and ensure that the Development Coordinator manages a calendar of BBBSMT events, ensuring all deadlines and expenses are met for each of our annual events.
- Supervise the organization’s use of Salesforce, including data entry, redundancy reduction, and technical support to other staff.
- Responsible for preparing weekly, monthly, and other relevant giving reports.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer and Development Team to set and reach fundraising goals.
- Prepare and provide regular annual giving program updates for the Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Advisory Committees, and staff.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward assigned pool of managed prospects.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to coordinate and lead prospect meetings.
- Utilize Salesforce to track visits, produce contact notes, and conduct appropriate constituent follow-up.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Development Team and Marketing & Communications Team to coordinate appropriate annual solicitations, including strategy and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- Work to create appeals and marketing materials in partnership with the Marketing & Communications Team.
- Attend on-site and off-site events as necessary.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action—decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Work with Marketing & Communications Team on webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly concerning corporate partners, etc.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMT may change specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
This Job May Be For You…
- A minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit or for-profit environment with a track record of proven success in development or corporate sales. Experience running campaigns and successful fundraising from multiple donor channels.
- Demonstrable and successful experience performing personal solicitations of gifts.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing projects, as well as tracking and reporting on progress to senior management.
- A strong sense of fundraising/sales ethics and practices and respect for the confidentiality of donor information.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to decision makers.
- The ability to develop and execute long-term plans (12 to 24 months).
- A highly energetic and enthusiastic personality with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- The ability to work both independently and passion for working across multiple teams.
- The willingness and ability to represent BBBSMT professionally and with integrity.
- Database experience preferred (i.e. Salesforce).
- The ability to travel to meet with donors and prospects across Middle TN.
Because we hire the best people and value our staff, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN works hard to provide competitive benefits to our team. Our comprehensive benefits package, which helps to support a healthy work/life balance, includes:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – a generous portion is paid by BBBSMT
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate enrollment in our 403B — We match 50% of what you contribute up to 6% of pay, and staff are vested after 12 months of employment
- Training & development programs
- Opportunities for advancement- we promote from within!
- 20 days of paid time off
- 15 paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule with a hybrid work environment
- Professional resume, LinkedIn profile, and headshot
How to Apply
To see more of the impact we are making: http://www.mentorakid.org
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Your Name – Director of Corporate Relations & Distinguished Events” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, class, color, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, nationality, disability, marital status, or military status.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Date Posted: January 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth